Bye-bye, Billy.

Charlie had dragged Lana to the DADA classroom as fast as he could, which sent a wave of panic flow through her veins. Was Bill leaving right now? Was he ok?

But when they arrived, Bill was at the front of the room, and he didn't seem in a rush at all.

"Charlie! You had me rush here to say goodbye to Bill as if he were leaving Hogwarts this very minute." Lana panted.

"No, I had him rush here because...we'll, look at him." Charlie said, gesturing to his brother.

Bill was moping about with a sad look on his face, and Lana understood why Charlie was upset, too.

"We can't let him graduate from Hogwarts like...this." the younger boy sighed.

"Do you know what's wrong?"

"Besides everything that happened with Rakepick in the Cursed Vault? I was there too, and I've tried talking to him, but it's no use. So I thought maybe you could help him - being a fellow curse-breaker and all. He's been spending too much time by himself in here..." Charlie explained.

"Here? In Rakepick's classroom?" Lana wondered.

"Yeah. It's odd, right? But don't tell him I said so. He's still my big brother." Charlie added.

"I'll talk to him." the girl smiled, "But there's something you can do, too. How fast do you think you can get your family here? I'm thinking we could throw him a surprise party. Let's send Bill off from Hogwarts on a happy note." Lana added.

"Oh that's a brilliant idea! I can start on it right away!" Charlie grinned.

"Can you also gather everyone at The Three Broomsticks?"

"And what will you be doing?"

"Keeping Bill busy while you wrangle Weasleys." Lana chuckled, walking over to Bill.

"How did I get stuck with the tougher job?" Charlie asked himself, before heading off to start his work.

"Hey, Bill." Lana said softly, standing next to the tall boy.

"Will you look at this place? It's as if Rakepick's off having lunch and will be back to teach class in an hour." he said.

"And that bothers you?" Lana asked him.

"Yes. It feels like everything's changed. But this classroom? Exactly the same. When I think of how Rakepick betrayed us and tried to kill us, and after we'd trailed after her all year, her 'loyal apprentice curse-breakers'..."

"In our defence, we were only following Rakepick because we were legitimately trying to break a curse." the girl said.

"I know." Bill sighed, "And I knew I'd be sad when the time came for me to leave Hogwarts. I just didn't count on being angry, too."

"I understand." Lana said with a sympathetic smile.

"How do you feel about it?"

"About you leaving Hogwarts? I feel happy for you! I mean, obviously I'm gonna miss my big brother, but you're off to exciting new adventures." she grinned.

"Exciting new adventures? You really think so? But I meant, how do you feel about what happened with Rakepick? And...with your brother?" Bill asked.

"My brother? Don't change the subject - we're talking about you."

"If you say so...but I'm curious about how you're dealing with finding and losing Jacob again."

"And I'm curious about what the future holds for you beyond Hogwarts, Bill." Lana said. Her brother was a very sensitive subject for her to talk about - especially since he'd picked up and left again, right in front of her eyes.