Nightmare

Lana had detention that evening, so she decided to talk to Jae, as she remembered him talking about Knockturn Alley.

"Hey, Lana. Ready for another day in paradise?" Jae joked.

"I should be out searching for my brother...have you ever heard of someone named Mundungus Fletcher?" Lana asked him.

"Unfortunately. I tried to trade with him when I first started going to Knockturn Alley, but it didn't go so well..."

"Do you know where to find him?" Lana asked again.

"I don't think he ever ventures far from Knockturn Alley. At least, not for long. You'll find him there." the boy answered.

"The question is, how do I get there?" Lana wondered.

"I know a way." Jae winked, "Let's talk after detention..."

After all their work was done, Jae pulled Lana over to the side and spoke to her.

"So, why do you wanna see Fletcher?" he said.

"I need to see what he knows about my brother and the next vault. What's the best way to travel to Knockturn Alley?" Lana asked.

"The safest and fastest way I know of is to use the Floo Network." Jae answered, "You'll need Floo Powder, and a fireplace that's connected to the network."

"Rakepick mentioned teaching me to use Floo Powder last year. I'll see if she'll help me get to Knockturn Alley..." Lana thought aloud.

She left the kitchens and thanked Jae, before leaving to go to her dorm. She fell asleep almost instantly....

Barnaby was stood by Lana, protecting her from the Dark Wizard in the red cloak standing less than five feet away from them.

The wizard fired a spell directly at Lana, yelling at the top of their lungs. "Avada Kedavra!"

Barnaby leapt forward and took the full blast of the spell, unable to watch the girl he loved die. It killed him instantly.

"Barnaby!" Lana screamed, tears streaming down her face and her heart aching like the worst migraine anyone could ever have.

The wizard cackled manically before speaking. "I told you death was coming...now you know I wasn't lying...". It laughed again before disappearing, leaving Lana alone with the Slytherin in her arms.

She crouched down and cradled his head in her lap, brushing the soft, messy hair out of his face and looking into his once bright green eyes that were now empty.

She sobbed her heart out, hugging his body to her tightly and begging for him to wake up, but he never did...

"Barnaby!" she screamed, bolting up in bed with tears streaming down her cheeks and sweat glistening on her chest and forehead. She was panting heavily, unable to control her breathing after the nightmare she'd just had.

"Lana? It's like 2 in the morning, what happened?" Rowan asked groggily, walking over to her bed and sitting next to her.

Lana couldn't speak, as she was trembling too much and breathing too heavily to say or do anything.

"Lana! Look at you! Come here!" Rowan fussed, pulling the shaking girl into her arms comfortingly, "I'm assuming it was a nightmare?"

Lana just nodded briskly and cuddled further into Rowan's embrace, longing to feel some sort of comfort from a friend.

"It's ok..." Rowan cooed, rubbing her back soothingly.

Rowan left Lana after a while and went back to sleep, snoring lightly. Lana, on the other hand, couldn't sleep further. She was too afraid to close her eyes again in case the same dream came back to haunt her.