Rowan?!

After meeting with Dumbledore, Lana found Barnaby, Rowan, Jae and Ben all talking in the courtyard.

"Hey, Lana!" Barnaby greeted with a smile, hugging her tightly.

"Hey, you." she chuckled, hugging him back.

"I'm glad we're meeting. I could use a break from worrying over my O.W.L's." Ben stated as they broke apart.

"My brain is tired." Barnaby pouted. Lana giggled at him and leant into his side.

"Even I'm sick of studying..." Rowan added, everyone gasp in disbelief mockingly.

"I haven't studied at all yet. I'm just gonna cram it all in at the last second." Jae said.

"That's such a mood." Lana chuckled, "But I'm glad we can catch up, you guys. I feel like I've hardly seen my friends at all this year..." she sighed, "Dumbledore was right to say I needed a break. Tell me what everyone's been up to." she smiled.

The group chatted and laughed with each other's catching up with one another about any recent events. When they'd come to an end in their conversation, Lana felt much better.

"It's so good catch up with everyone. I feel like I've missed out on so much..." she sighed, "We still need to find the next vault to help my brother and Beatrice, but I'll make sure I make time for all of you."

"Thanks, Lana." Ben grinned.

"We should sit next to each other in class!" Barnaby chimed in, smiling widely, "Wait...do we already sit next to each other in class?" he asked, eyebrows knitted together in deep thought.

"Yes, Barny. We already sit next to each other in class..." Lana giggled, hugging his arm affectionately.

"I'm sure we'll be spending plenty of time together in detention, Lana." Jae winked, and Barnaby wrapped an arm around her protectively.

"It's always good to see you, Lana." Rowan smiled, "As much as I don't want to, I should really get back to studying. I..." she started, then blanked out for a second.

"I..." she said again, walking forward, a bit more agitated.

"Are you alright, Rowan?" Lana asked, moving out of Barnaby's grip and walking towards her slightly.

"I..." Rowan said again, but this time she groaned in pain and clutched her head.

"Rowan..." Lana started again, concerned for her friend. But Rowan had other ideas. She spun around, as if she was completely fine again, and pulled out her wand, pointing it at the Gryffindor girl.

Lana's heartbeat picked up, as she felt more and more uneasy.

"I..." Rowan clutched her head once more.

"I told you death was coming to Hogwarts, Lana Riviera." she said seriously, wand pointing at Lana.

"No..." she whispered in disbelief.

Barnaby tried to move closer to Lana, but Rowan noticed. "Stay where you are!" she yelled, and Barnaby did as he was told, face etched with fear and worry.

"Which one of your friends should die?" she asked sinisterly.

Lana's heart sank at the thought of any of her friends dying. She wouldn't let anything happen to them.

"I-I don't want any of my friends to die!" she cried desperately.

"Fine. If you won't choose, then it will have to be you!" Rowan said, before firing a spell in Lana's direction.

Out of instinct, Barnaby instantly flung himself in front of her, protecting her from any harm, just like their third year. He fell to the floor and groaned in pain as the charm hit him square in the chest. Lana's heart was racing with fear at this point, and she felt tears brimming in her eyes.