Where's Bea?

The next day, Lana was quite shaken up after the events of the previous night. She was with her friends, sitting by the Black Lake in their spot under the large tree. She zoned out, mind like a battlefield with her thoughts running through her head, clashing with one another.

"Lana?!" Barnaby's voice made her look up.

"Hmm? Sorry, I zoned out for a second..." she muttered, looking down and thinking again.

"What's wrong, love?" he asked, eyes full of love and concern.

Her heart melted and she felt tears brimming in her eyes.

"I..." she started, but she wasn't sure how to begin, and the tears fell like raindrops down her cheeks.

"Woah, Lana! Come here..." he said, pulling her into his strong arms. She immediately felt safe and secure, and she wrapped her arms around him, hiding her face in his chest.

"Why're you crying, Lana?" Rowan asked.

"I think I know why..." Ben said, looking worried.

"What? Why, what happened?" Rowan demanded.

"We were attacked last night when we met in the Courtyard."

"WHAT?!" Barnaby shouted, making Lana jump, "Sorry, Lana." he said softly, kissing her head and pulling her closer.

"It was the same red cloaked figure as last year...but it wasn't Ben this time. So, obviously someone is controlling different students to attack me, and I don't know what to do!" Lana explained, sitting up a bit.

"It's strange...someone really must want you dead..." Rowan stated.

Barnaby glared at her, "I don't think that's helping very much, Rowan. We're trying to make her feel better, not remind her that she's being hunted down!" he said angrily.

"It's ok, Barny. I'm fine." Lana told him, and he just kissed the top of her head.

"Did the wizard say anything else?" Penny asked.

Lana' eyes filled with tears again as she remembered what it told her.

"Yeah..." she started, taking a deep breath, "It said that one of my friends had to die..." she sniffled.

Everyone's eyes widened in fear and they looked around at each other. Nobody spoke.

"I'm sorry, everyone." Lana said sadly, looking down.

"Lana, you don't need to be sorry! None of this is your fault! Whoever this person that wants you dead, is the one to blame." Bill told her kindly, earning a small smile from her.

"I just don't want any if you to get hurt! I don't know what I'd do if I lost any of you..." she said, looking up slightly at Barnaby at the last bit.

He smiled sympathetically at her and kissed her forehead.

"You're not losing any of us, hun. We're sticking by you till the very end, don't worry." Penny smiled, and Lana crawled out of Barnaby's arms and went to hug her.

"I just feel like it's my fault, you know? Because I've dragged you all into this! And now someone is out to kill me, and apparently one of you as well!" she ranted when she pulled away from the Hufflepuff girl.

She hugged her legs to her chest and rested her forehead on her knees.

"It's all my fault..." she mumbled.

Bill put a comforting hand on her back and looked at her. She looked so small and vulnerable in that position, and it broke his heart to see her like that. He sighed and pulled her into a hug.