1 - False Identity

AN: Welcome to my new book💕 I wanted to give a shout out to shadow_with_fire for helping me with this book and listening to my ideas on her free time ❤️ She helped me so much with this and it was even her idea to have y/n's undercover job be a bartender which is genius! And if you haven't already then please go check out her works she is a phenomenal writer! That's all for now and I hope you enjoy this new addition to my Anakin Skywalker obsessed publications!
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

2.2k words

"A villain is just a victim whose story hasn't been told."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"What goes in an old fashioned?"

"One and a half ounces of bourbon or Rye whiskey, one sugar cube, two dashes of angostura bitters, and a few dashes of water." The ingredients of one of the many drinks that I had studied for hours on end with my superiors and an expert on the subject, rolled from my tongue with little to no effort.

"Correct," My interviewer, who is also the manager of this place, wrote something down before he glanced back up to me, "Except here, we do two ounces of the whiskey and no water," He informed me as he tapped the back of his pen on the wooden table, "It's the boss's favorite drink and he likes it strong and bitter, and he will be here quite a lot so making that drink his way is going to have to come naturally to you."

I nodded, shooting him a sweet smile, "Noted, two ounces of whiskey, no water." I said the changes back, showing him it won't be an issue for me.

Although I'll admit I was a little annoyed given I've studied every drink under the sun to prepare for this moment, only for him to switch up the ingredients on me. I'll just have to keep the change in the back of my mind and hope I remember it in the heat of the moment. I needed to be the perfect bartender; the future of my career is counting on me getting and keeping this job for as long as I need to be here.

"Perfect," He glanced back down at his paper while clicking his tongue, "And how would you make an AMF?"

AMF, short for adios mother fucker. A popular drink amongst the the younger crowd, it gets you drunk fast without dealing with the bitter taste of alcohol.

"Half ounces of vodka, rum, tequila, gin, and blue curaçao. Two ounces of sweet and sour mix, and lemon lime soda to top it off." I finished listing the ingredients with a quiet exhale. That drink is the one I had the hardest time remembering, there were too many elements to remember. Unlike other drinks which consist of about three or four.

He nodded, pleased with my answer. He then proceeded to question me more about every drink he could think of off the top of his head, and each time I graced him with the proper answer. This club that I'm applying to is one of the biggest in the city, located right in the heart of Los Angeles. So he needed to make sure I was good enough to be a factor in keeping the good name of this place alive.

"Well I have to say, you're the most qualified person I've interviewed this past week, you really know your stuff." He closed the folder in front of him and leaned his back into the rickety chair that creaked whenever he moved, "Usually I'd also have you make some drinks so I can see how you work, but we're short on bartenders right now."