18 -Where I Belong

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

2.8k words

"Take my hand, my heart, and my soul because it is meant for you."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Oh damn,he's hot," Ahsoka whispered to me, referring to Connor.

Although her whisper wasn't exactly discrete since not only did Connor hear—which I knew that due to the smug grin that appeared across his lips—but so did Piett who shot her an irritated glare. She took notice to her secret lovers annoyance and blew him a subtle kiss to show him that she was only teasing.

I'm not sure if Anakin heard her comment, but if he did, he opted to ignore it, "So what exactly did you want us here for? We already gave you our statements and our alibi's." He took a small sip from his glass before setting it back down on the bar.

My eyes went to Obi-Wan since it was him that I was expecting to talk, but I was surprised to hear that it was actually Connor taking charge, "Sorry to intrude on your free time Mr.Skywalker, but I'm detective Alan Wicker and I was just assigned to this case. So I was hoping to speak to you all for a little insight on what happened the night the body was found, and the night the victim was killed." He spoke while Obi-Wan slowly began to walk around the club to survey the area in silence.

"Then read the statements," Anakin responded condescendingly with his eyes following Obi-Wan. He really does hate cops and he has no problem with showing it.

Connor, as always, kept his calm composure and breathed a low chuckle, "I did, but I'm old fashioned - I was hoping to meet and speak to you all in person and separately, just to hear your stories with my own ears and make sure they line-up. I'm not here to accuse anyone of anything, I promise." He assured him and I held back a smile at his smooth professionalism. This is one of the reasons he's been moving up so fast in our line of work, he always keeps his cool and has a charming attitude, so everyone loves him. He also has one of the highest percentages when it comes to solved cases, so it's obvious why Obi-Wan chose him to do this.

Anakin sighed in defeat and I could tell he didn't want to do this at all — but nodded in agreement to avoid any further altercations. Plus saying no only makes him look guilty, which I'm sure he knows that and doesn't wish to bring anymore heat down on him. He's smart, he knows how to pick and choose his battles, "Fine, but let's make it fast I have somewhere I need to be."

I side-eyed him for a moment as I wondered where that might be before turning my attention back to my husband.

Connor looked pleased and his eyes drifted away from Anakin and back to me, "Of course, and I'll start with you Miss..." He trailed off as he stepped towards me and held out his hand. I accepted his cold touch and his smile grew as he gently squeezed my palm.

"Winters," I finished for him with a soft smile in return as a felt a small fluttering of butterflies in my stomach, "(Y/n) Winters."

"What a beautiful name," He subtly flirted before releasing his grip on me and dropping his hand back down to his side, "And familiar, you're the one who found the victim correct?" He motioned for me to follow him up the stairs, leading straight to the VIP section where I'm guessing is where these little interviews are going to be conducted.