47 - Black Butterfly

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

1.5k words

"She was the death of me, the beginning and the end. And I never understood her, for how could someone do beautiful be the cause
of so much destruction after all."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Here you are miss," The server at the small cafe placed my latte in front of me, followed by the cheese danish I had been craving since Anakin mentioned this place having the best ones. If there's anything I love more than my morning coffee, it's definitely a cheese danish.

I smiled up at him, "Thank you."

He nodded with a smile of his own before turning to Anakin and setting down his tea. I thought it was odd that he ordered tea after making a big deal about not liking it, but then he admitted that after I made him a cup the other day, he has a newfound appreciation of it, "And it's healthier than coffee," He added as the server walked away.

I chuckled and took a quick sip of my beverage, "I never took you as being a health freak." I teased, setting the yellow mug down.

"I'm not," He leaned back in the metal chair and took a quick look of his surroundings before drawing his eyes back to me, "But I am trying to better my diet habits, one thing at a time." He shrugged, before looking around once again.

"Are you okay?" I asked, causing his gaze to snap back to me, "You look nervous."

He adjusted his posture and sat more straight as he spread a smile across his lips, one I could easily tell was fake, "Well I'm on a date with a beautiful woman, only a fool wouldn't be nervous."

I knew he was not being completely truthful, and I also knew why. What man wouldn't be shifty after disposing of the body of the son of the man who holds his life in his hands the night before? But admitting that I knew more than what he has led on to me was not something I could do. So I pretended that I believed and was even flattered by his words, "I think we are well past the first date jitters," I teased as I slowly started to eat my breakfast.

His smile turned into a smirk as he trailed his eyes up and down the parts of my body that were visible and not cut off by the table, "We should stay in tonight, Piett can handle the club without me."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "I need to work Anakin, I have bills to pay." And I also have a plan to get into his office and hack into his computer again to see if there was anything I missed regarding this boss of his.

"I'll pay them." He offered with a nonchalant shrug as if he was simply offering to pay for a small meal and not thousands in bills. Granted I don't actually pay the bills myself, but still.

"Thanks for the offer, but no," I picked up my beverage and took another drink, this time nearly finishing half the cup. I felt like the caffeine was needed since sleep is not something I was able to have last night.

"Well," He leaned forward and rested his elbows in the table, "You just might change your mind."

I made a face that let him know I was not going to be changing my mind, and we soon fell into a small conversation that consisted of school, work and just life in general. He went to pick up his cup of tea after laughing at a joke I made, but paused when a butterfly flew down and landed on the rim of his cup.