42 - Blackmailed

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

2.3k words

"Crying does not mean a person is weak, it means they have a heart."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

I was wiping the counter before the club opened with my eyes glued to the dance floor, my mind elsewhere.

I was exhausted from staying up all night, thinking of what exactly I should do. I was debating on whether I should tell Anakin the truth, or if I should help him on the sidelines without his knowledge. And once Sheev has been taken down is when I would reveal the truth. I think if I do it that way, he may be more inclined to forgive me since he will see that I truly did just want to help him.

The only reason I'm considering still keeping him in the dark is because I don't know how he will react if I tell him the truth at the stage we're in right now. Chances are low that he won't freak out and chances are high he will either kill me or make me leave — and I can't help him if I'm not here.

So I was leaning towards keeping him in the dark, for now.

I quickly tossed the rag in the bin behind me and pulled my phone out of my pocket when an idea came to mind. Now that I'm shifting the focus of my investigation to Sheev, I'm going to need all the information I can get my hands on about him—not just the limited information Kenobi has given me—and there's one person I know who can help me with that.

I typed in the number I knew by heart, but paused before pressing the call button when I looked up at Ahsoka who was sitting on one of clubs couches, scrolling through a phone, "Hey I'll be right I'm going to use the bathroom." I said to get away for some privacy.

"I can't believe this bitch is messaging Piett on Instagram, my name and our date is literally in his bio." She complained, probably missing that I even said anything, "And she's a model too," She whined while she also began to bite her nails anxiously.

I told her the second she came down here with it to not go through Pietts phone, that trust is key. But did she listen? No, she basically ignored me when she plopped down on the couch and guessed his password after the second try — surprise, surprise, the code was her birthday.

"Is he responding to any of them?" I asked with a raised brow.

She glanced up, but only for a moment before looking back at the small screen in her hand, "No, he hasn't even opened them." She said low.

"Then he clearly doesn't care about what they have to say or what they look like. That man is in love with you so stop being so anxious." I get the worry and anxiety over potentially losing someone you love, so I don't necessarily blame her for what she's doing right now. But that doesn't mean it's healthy, "You're stressing yourself out over nothing, he's not going anywhere." I assured her as I spun around to head towards the back area.

I heard her sigh, which was followed by the sound of her setting the phone onto the glass table next to her, "She's right, she's right," She mumbled to herself.

I passed by the kitchens and made my way to the employee bathroom that was singular, meaning there were no other stalls. I got in and locked the door behind me before running the water on the sink. I pressed the call button for the number I already had in the phone and held it to my ear as I listened to it ring.

On the third or so ring, I finally got an answer, "Hello?"

I smiled, "Hey Jimmy, it's (y/n)." Jimmy works at the police station with me. He's a detective like me as well, and he's a genius when it comes to finding out anything about anyone. I have him to thank for many of my solved cases, and he also happens to be one of my best friends so I was more than happy to hear his voice.