43 - An Eye for an Eye

I also updated this book yesterday so please make sure not to skip a chapter ❤️

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

2.9k words

"Murder isn't the most logical way to escape a difficult situation. It only leads to a different difficult situation."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The night was already half-way over and I haven't seen Anakin since Piett ushered us away from him. I may not have seen any tears, but I know what happened with Clovis got to him more than he wants to admit. It was obvious he was crying and it broke my heart, he really doesn't deserve any of this.

Clovis was up in his VIP section with his friends and they were being obnoxious as usual. A lot of the guests tonight even left because of things they were shouting from the balcony, and at one point they poured a bottle of champagne over a group of girls for rejecting them. And of course, we couldn't say a single thing to any of them.

Ahsoka groaned in annoyance as she leaned against the back counter and folded her arms across her chest, "He's purposely killing business, we are never this dead before midnight," She complained. Neither of us even had any drink orders, we've been standing here for ten minutes, watching what little people we have in here dance.

"The child is just having a tantrum," I glared up at Clovis who was oblivious as he laughed with his friends and chugged his drink. They were all completely wasted, "He'll get it out of his system and leave us alone for a while." I said with confidence, it's a typical pattern with someone like him.

"I hope you're right," She sighed.

A few moments later, Piett came into view and walked down the stairs, ignoring the insults thrown his way by Clovis' friends. He came to the bar and leaned forward with his arms resting on top, "Can I get an old fashioned (y/n)?"

I nodded as I grabbed the cup and got started, "Is he okay?" Ahsoka asked, worried sick about her brother who has ordered four drinks already, which is why I wasn't making this one very strong.

Piett nodded, "Yeah he's just stressed, but he'll be fine." He comforted his girlfriend by reaching across the bar and pulling her closer by the front of her apron, "How about you baby, are you okay?" He brushed her hair behind her ear before cupping her cheek and stroking her skin with his thumb.

She smiled as I set the freshly made drink on top of the bar, "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just worried about him."

I glanced at the drink I made and picked it back up, "Piett if it's okay, I'm gonna take this to him."

He immediately dropped his hand and turned his attention to me, "I don't know (y/n), he's a bit drunk and I wouldn't want him to say anything to hurt your feelings. He can get mean." He reached forward and attempted to take the glass from me.

I pulled the glass away further, "Please," I begged, "I want to talk to him."

Piett remained quiet as he contemplated my request, before finally sighing and nodding his head in defeat, "Alright fine, I'll stay down here with Ahsoka, maybe you might actually be able to help him feel better."

Piett and I switched places and I made my way up the stairs, "Don't waste your time with him gorgeous," Clovis said to me as I walked to the door that would take me into the hallways where Anakin's office is. I ignored him and kept going, but just when I put my hand on the doorknob, something he said prompted me to stop, "I'm talking to you bitch."