9 - The Fine Print

Posted a chapter last night as well so be careful not to skip ❤️
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

2.3k words

"Some days you will feel like the ocean. Some days you will feel like you are drowning in it."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

I watched Skywalker slowly approach the rude party goer, his eyes scanning him over with a look of disgust, "How dare you," He grabbed the unpaid-for drink from the man's hand as his back hit against the bar, "Come into my club, insult my employee, and try to steal from me." He held the can in-front of his face before opening his hand and dropping it to the floor.

Ahsoka sighed from next to me, "Damn it, he's gonna make me clean that up." She groaned quietly in annoyance as she folded her arms and leaned back against the counter behind us to watch the show.

Neither of us were making drinks now since not a single person dared to speak in this moment, and most have already backed away to avoid getting caught in the crossfire of whatever was about to happen.

I however, remained in the same spot, curiously and anxiously watching the events take place. Praying I wouldn't witness anything drastic enough that would make the cop in me want to reveal herself, "I-I wasn't stealing, I was going to pay for it, I swear." His voice shook with panic, almost the same way Arturo's did in the kitchen earlier.

It wasn't until now that I realized just how much fear this man can instill into people with a simple look. He may come off as sweet, kind, and even caring; but this moment right here reminded me that he's a suspected cold blooded killer. And I say suspected because there's no real proof that he has actually harmed anyone, but it's clear that there's much more to him behind that deceivingly beautiful face and those endearing eyes.

"Don't lie, I really hate liars," He smiled, his words making my palms sweat to the point to where I had to subtly wipe them against my apron.

I'm a liar. I've been lying since the day I met him, and what exactly would he do to me if he somehow comes to learn that?

"Why are you shaking?" He tilted his head, breathing a low chuckle and for one split second, my mind thought he was talking to me - mainly because I was shaking. But I pulled myself together and reminded myself who I am and to not let this man's new aura intimidate me, "I'm not a confrontational man, I'm not going to hit you." With force, he placed his hand on the man's shoulder; causing it to drop slightly as his body tensed up, "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to, but I'll refrain myself from such actions as long as you pay the lovely girl for the drink and give her a very generous tip."

"But, I didn't even get to drink it-"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence before Skywalker spun him around in one swift motion and slammed his front against the bar, so the man was now facing me. Ahsoka and I both jumped in surprise and a few guests in the room gasped, "I said," My boss, who appeared ten times more frightening than before, lowered his lips to the ear of the whimpering unfortunate male, "Pay for the drink and tip her." He uttered each word slow and his tone was filled with malice.

"Okay, okay," He dug his hands into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. He was shaking as he took out a twenty and handed it to me. I slowly accepted it, my eyes locked on a chilling crystal blue.