24 - Mission Impossible

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

2.1k words

"I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Thirty to forty minutes later and I still felt nothing, but I already suspected I wouldn't have much of a reaction with the small amount that I took. Which I'm happy about, I regretted my choice as soon as I swallowed it because I was nervous thinking about what I would experience.

The moment and my sadness got to me and the second I came to my senses, it was too late.

But on the bright side of it all, I doubt any of them would suspect a cop to eat an edible, so I feel like I just earned myself a bit more of her trust.

Now although I didn't feel anything, Ahsoka, on the other hand, had started randomly giggling about ten minutes ago and has yet to stop. It was quite entertaining, as were her stories.

I was leaning with my back up against her headboard and she was sitting in front of me with her legs crossed, "And then," She paused her story to laugh, making me smile, "Anakin flipped his shit, pulled my hair all the way home, and then grounded me for a year; or so he claimed, but really it only lasted a few weeks." She shrugged after finishing her little tale about the first time Anakin caught her making out with a boy when she was fifteen.

I guess I can see why she was so reluctant to tell him about Piett, he seems very strict and protective with her. But I personally don't think he would mind now that she's older, plus he trusts Piett and knows he's a good person with good intentions, so I think he'd be okay with it. Just as long as they don't mention the fact that they have secret rendezvous sessions on his desk - that might stir up some issues.

I laughed with her as I took a drink of the water she brought me not too long ago. My mouth had become incredibly dry out of nowhere and she said it was a side effect of the edible, but that's the extent of my symptoms, "Has he ever met any of your boyfriends?" I asked curiously to keep this entertaining conversation going. I can imagine him being broody and intimidating to anyone she brought to him.

She looked down, "Not formally no, but," She awkwardly fidgeted with her pastel pink comforter before looking back up, "Okay if I tell you something can you promise me you won't tell him?" She asked with a nervous look in her eyes.

I was hoping she was about to spill the beans to me about her and Piett so I don't have to pretend I don't know anymore. I pray she spares me any details though, the last thing I wanted to hear about was their sex life, especially since I have to look him in the eyes almost daily.

I nodded as I pretended to zip my lips closed, "I'm good at keeping secrets." I assured her, "You can trust." I felt like a manipulative bitch just saying that.

"You know Piett right?" She asked shyly.

"The name sounds familiar," I joked before taking a sip of my water.

She laughed with a light head shake, "Well, we've kind of been secretly dating for a year." She revealed and I nearly spat out the water I just drank.