8 - Menacing

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

2.5k words

"Until we have seen someone's darkness, we don't really know who they are. Until we have forgiven someone's darkness, we don't really know what love is."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Finally, it was Friday and time for my shift at the club. It was also my third one and the last day of my little trial period. So as long as today goes well, I'll have nothing to worry about and I'll officially have my in as an employee.

I eyed myself in the mirror and did a few small hops to loosen up the new shoes I'd gotten from Obi-Wan yesterday. I was nervous they'd give me trouble tonight since they have yet to be broken in, but I didn't have a choice in the matter. I had a feeling Skywalker wouldn't be too pleased if I showed up in my old shoes, which have started peeling from the cheap alcohol he spilled on them, just as he said they would. So I was going to have to suck it up and pray they don't give me any blisters.

Once I felt pleased with how I looked, I grabbed my small bag and left the apartment, locking the door behind me.

Those two days off being stuck in this place alone was beyond boring. I was tempted to call my husband a few times, but I fought against the urge since it was against the contract I signed when I took this job.

I'm not allowed contact with anyone from my real life, not even for a short, less than a minute, phone call. It's something I do understand, but I'm starting to really miss them all more and more as the days go by.

So because of my isolation, the only source of entertainment I got—which wasn't a lot—was the intel I gained from the listening device. Some of it was interesting, but useless. And there was something else I learned that was borderline shocking, it was still nothing I could use for my benefit on the case, but it was quite an unexpected find.

Not only did I get to hear Ahsoka and Skywalker argue about her school and learn about their mother and the fact that he doesn't want her taking part in his lawlessness behavior — which is still odd to me.

But I also learned a little secret that she has been keeping from him. Yesterday as I was flipping through channels on my television since Skywalker wasn't even in his office at the time - I had begun to hear something on my laptop that I wish to god I hadn't.

It was Ahsoka and Piett — doing the deed, on her own brothers desk.

At first everything seemed innocent, I could hear their small pecks along with shared words of affection that were actually kind of sweet. But then once I heard a zipper and sounds that have since scarred me, I slammed it closed with a screech of disgust.

So basically I have come to learn that those two are in a secret relationship, and from what I heard them discuss beforehand - Skywalker has no idea. And although hearing them do that is not something I needed or wanted; it was still one hell of a power move for her to do it on his desk in his office, and I couldn't help but respect it.

The walk to the club was short and i was already walking through the doors. I always opted to walk instead of drive since it's a such small distance anyway. And although I tend to get off late, I know how to protect myself so I didn't fear walking alone at night like others might.