Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Force or Naruto please support the official release
____________________________________________________________

CAUSES OF DEATH ARE MANY AND VARIED

OLD AGE, ILLNESS, SUICIDE

BUT OUT OF THAT LONG MORBID LIST, THERE'S ONE END THAT PEOPLE FEAR ABOVE ALL OTHERS

DEATH BY FIRE

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

It was a beautiful sight. The stars shined in all their glory greatly illuminating the surrounding areas as the moon simply reached those places that they could not. The flowers; bloom and glow elegantly in the moonlight.

Everything was perfect. . . .

Or so I had thought.

Looking around, you could easily tell what was wrong. The once beautiful and tall buildings were now in tatters. Women and children lay motionless throughout the streets. Everywhere you looked, you would be met with raging flames, it was awful.

Although. . . . The same could be said about me.

I lay there on the pavement, blood circling all around me, I couldn't breathe. My eyes felt heavy, and my body felt weak.

I hate this. . . . the feeling of weakness. . . . the feeling of frustration. The feeling of Anger

Even in what I thought as my last moments, I couldn't bring myself to accept this reality.

Why did this happen?

◆◇◆◇◆

I was awakened that night by the sound of what appeared to be footsteps coming from outside my window.

The clock signaled that it had only just reached the third hour. Completely dismissing the sounds from earlier, I hopped out of bed and began making my way toward the kitchen.

The distance between the two wasn't what could be described as "far", but it couldn't be described as "close" either.

Wonder if anyone is up at this hour

I took a sip from my newly acquired bottle of water. It was rather cold which I didn't find all too soothing thanks to the freezing breeze.

"Did somebody mess with the thermostat again?" Walking down the long halls of the place the first thing you would notice is the giant painting and pictures which are either hung on the walls or rest on top of a stand.

"Perhaps Annabeth lowered the temperature again? That's always a possibility, she does like the cold a lot"

Annabeth is the youngest of 4 children, with me being the oldest. She had naturally white hair with blue eyes. Her skin was pale white —almost like she had never been in the sun before— with slightly reddened cheeks. She always wore clothes that looked more soothed for winter, giving off the idea of her always being cold.

"Ah, there we are" I exclaimed while messing with the small device embedded in the wall "well I believe it's time I head on back to b—"