08: Asakusa

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Force or Naruto please support the official release
____________________________________________________________

CAUSES OF DEATH ARE MANY AND VARIED

OLD AGE, ILLNESS, SUICIDE

BUT OUT OF THAT LONG MORBID LIST, THERE'S ONE END THAT PEOPLE FEAR ABOVE ALL OTHERS

DEATH BY FIRE

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

*Gasp!*

I had awoken with a jump and a gasp for air. What happened? I thought to myself while looking around. I lay in a bottom bunk, inside a dark -poorly lit- room, with a door towards my left.

Where am I?

The door to the room is opened and footsteps are heard. Looking toward the origin of the noise, I am met with Tamaki holding a bucket with water and a towel inside.

"Tamaki?" She perked up at my dry voice, and stood next to me "How are you feeling (Y/N)?" She asked with a sweet tone and a caring smile. She picked up the wrenched towel and twisted it before laying it on my forehead.

It was very cold and it still had some water dripping down my face "What's this? last time I checked I'm not sick" She let out a small chuckle before responding "Your body temperature was very high, your skin felt like lava to the touch, so I've been trying to lower its heat" She finished before handing me a water bottle.

There was a long silence. Though not an awkward one, it was comforting.

Tamaki seemed bothered by something as she handed me a pack of ice for my eye -which was still red- so I decided to ask "What's on your mind, Tamaki?" She stayed quiet for some time before answering "(Y/N), what exactly happened to you?" she asked before locking eyes with me "You said you were attending to some family matters, but you suddenly come back like this?" Her voice was filled with worry.

Seeing her worry sort of made me feel... warm. It felt nice knowing that there was someone out there who cared for me.

"If something bad is happening, I'm sure we can help you work through it!"

Her face came extremely close to mine. She seemed to notice this as her face turned slightly red "Tamaki?" instead of answering she began to move forward while closing her eyes. I just stared at her face before the door is once again swung open.

"Tamaki is (Y/N) awake-?"

Shinra stood there while Tamaki stared at him with her blush darker than ever "I'll just let the captain know he's awake" he said before walking out, closing the door.

A silence filled the room once more, only this time it was extremely awkward.

◆◇◆◇◆

I lay in bed as they looked at me. It was time they learned the reason for my current state.

"What is it that you want to tell us (Y/N)?" Spoke Lieutenant Hinawa with the captain by his side. Tamaki stood to the left of them along with Shinra, Arthur, and Maki beside her "Before I begin I have a small question I need to ask" I take a small pause to steel my nerves, before finally asking the big question.

"Have any you ever heard of the clan of <Fuego>?"

◆◇◆◇◆