10: A shocking reveal

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Force or Naruto please support the official release
____________________________________________________________

CAUSES OF DEATH ARE MANY AND VARIED

OLD AGE, ILLNESS, SUICIDE

BUT OUT OF THAT LONG MORBID LIST, THERE'S ONE END THAT PEOPLE FEAR ABOVE ALL OTHERS

DEATH BY FIRE

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

"Iai Chop Form Seven: Nichirin [Sun Wheel]"

Everyone is shocked at this except Benimaru himself, he was sort of expecting him to be able to use his Nichirin after being able to use his Kagetsu. It made him wonder: could he also use the other forms if I was to perform them?

Just the thought of that made him extremely dangerous.

"Let's do this!" Yelled the boy before they both swung their hands forward.

--------------------------------------------------

Inches away from releasing their attack, a hand clutched unto Benimaru's—Ultimately making (Y/N), freeze— Stopping his attack.

It was Konro Sagamiya, Company Seven's Lieutenant.

"What do you think you're doing Konro?!" Yelled Benimaru in frustration.

"Stop it, you need to calm down!" The bandages wrapped around his shoulders began to catch fire. "What's the matter with you?! Why are you using your Pyrokinesis?!" Asked a worried Benimaru, Konro let out a few pained moans, before beginning to drop to the ground.

"Hinata! Hikage! Bring me a cooling blanket!

"Can do!" "We're on the job!"

*Snap!*

Just before anyone could move, a crystal-like structure appeared on the Lieutenant's shoulders. Anyone looking could easily deduce that it was Ice, but how?

"Here that should cool you down enough"

Konro let out a satisfied hum while letting out a slightly goofy smile before speaking once more "Waka, as a favor to me, would you at least hear out what they have to say?". Benimaru dissipated his flames as he looked toward the floor, nodding his head yes.

◆◇◆◇◆

-—(Y/N)'s Point Of View—-

I had a good grasp of the situation. It seemed that Beni had this idea implanted in his head about the Captain, and Lieutenant being responsible for turning that old man from before, Infernal.

They of course denied it.

Both sides went back and forth on the matter, even going as far as to rope Shinra into it, saying that the Captain tasked Shinra with calling Beni out into an alleyway, which is where he supposedly saw them talking about their plan of turning everyone in town, Infernal.

Neither side was lying, I could tell thanks to their way of speaking, facial expressions, and even their way of breathing. The way someone breathed under pressure was a good way to figure out whether they were lying or not.

At this point, I figured that there was no point in me being here if I was just gonna stand on the sideline the whole time, so I left to get some air without anyone noticing.