12: Truly a Monster

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Force or Naruto please support the official release
____________________________________________________________

CAUSES OF DEATH ARE MANY AND VARIED

OLD AGE, ILLNESS, SUICIDE

BUT OUT OF THAT LONG MORBID LIST, THERE'S ONE END THAT PEOPLE FEAR ABOVE ALL OTHERS

DEATH BY FIRE

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

Inside the Captain's office, I stood with Shinra by my side and Arthur along with Iris on my right. Lieutenant Hinawa stood next to the Captain as Hibana was slightly behind them.

"That's a little harsh." Spoke a young male as he stood before us.

His appearance consisted of a large, dark-brown curly afro, and tired large eyes. His dark eyes seem to lack pupils. He wore a white lab coat with a red and white horizontally-striped vest underneath. Dark-green trousers, and red and blue sneakers.

Hibana had dubbed his arrival as suspicious and I agreed. This prompted him to deny the accusation in an attempt to clear up the misunderstanding.

"After the whole Evangelist incident, every company is under imperial order to step up their scientific investigations, right?." He asked in a joking manner.

"I know we've been lagging a bit in that area", spoke the Captain with slight sweat drops, "but we were searching out new members, in the meantime, Captain Hibana has been providing us with all the support we need."

"Yeaaah but that's a bit of a bad habit to get into, and I'm sure a Captain like her has plenty on her plate already. Hajima saw a problem, and offered me as a solution", He brought his left hand to his forehead, "Therefore, I will now be serving as special Fire Force Company Eight's head scientist, The name's Viktor Licht."

"Smells like a rat if you ask me." Commented Hibana near my ear, whispering to me. I only nod at her with a small smile.

Lieutenant Hinawa spoke with a blank face, "A proper Fire Force salute should be performed with the right hand, not the left one." Licht sweat drops slightly before speaking, "Oh uh, it's not really my thing? I'm sorry, those scientists am I, right? Head in the clouds." He joked before turning to an unsuspecting Shinra with stars in his eyes, almost like a predator looking for prey.

"So indulge my curiosity!" All of us except for Shinra moved away as he jumped toward him, grabbing onto his leg, "I simply have to see your [Adolla-Burst]! Ohh, show me! Ahh! Show me! Ahaha!."

Shinra desperately attempted to kick him away but his hold would not let up as we all stared at them with blank looks.

-----------

The Captain was at his desk while holding a file in hand, "Let's see", he began, "Victor Licht, Advanced placement Imperial University. On top of which, after graduating at the top of your class, you headed the applied pyrokinesiology lab at Haijima Heavy Industries." He lets out a small grunt toward the end.

"What can I say? I'm brilliant!." He replies with a happy smile.

"More like suspiciously brilliant", spoke Hibana, "This place is a dump-" the captain's face contorts in anger, "-why would you want to work here?."