03: The Battle begins

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Force or Naruto please support the official release
____________________________________________________________

CAUSES OF DEATH ARE MANY AND VARIED

OLD AGE, ILLNESS, SUICIDE

BUT OUT OF THAT LONG MORBID LIST, THERE'S ONE END THAT PEOPLE FEAR ABOVE ALL OTHERS

DEATH BY FIRE

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

I had awakened with a jump that day. My breath was shaky and ragged as sweat ran down my face and back.

"It was just a dream, just a dream" I spoke to nobody in particular not really expecting a response.

Bad dream?

Spoke Kurama as he gave off a....yawn? growl? I couldn't really tell what it was "Yea, same one as always" I spoke taking a look at the clock next to my bed, It read 9:23 in the afternoon.

"Hey Kurama, how come I slept through the whole day?" I asked him somehow knowing he had something to do with this.

Well since I knew you would want to go out the moment you woke up, I took it upon myself to ensure that you would get a full days rest. . . . Plus I wanted to sleep some more

"So you forced my body to shut down for the entirety of the day just so you could sleep more.....that right?" He seemed to not want to answer as all he gave out was another set of small growls.

.....Maybe.....

"Dude, you're the worst" I exclaimed with a small sigh "Well anyway, I think it's time we go on a small stroll around the city again. What do you think?" I ask while making my way towards my bathroom.

I suppose you're right. Wouldn't want to be cooped up in here for too long anyway

"Huh? Wait but aren't you always cooped up inside my body anyway?"

....Just hurry it up already will you?

I let out a small chuckle at this while brushing my teeth. I began to think back on what had happened the day prior with intervening with the matter of Company Five and Eight.

Once finished with everything and being fully dressed I make my way towards the door walking out. The streets were filled with life and were bright in color, it was some kind of festival. Couples walked hand-in-hand, kids ran up and down the road as there parents kept a close eye on them.

It was truly a sight to see, anyone would without a doubt want to experience it firsthand. I walked the other way in the end.

Though I admit it was beautiful, I didn't really feel like attending a festival like that. I wanted to find something better. Maybe some action like a Fight, or perhaps a robbery, maybe even a Fight and finally maybe even a......did I already say fight?

Tonight just seemed like the perfect night to cause some trouble and this young Fox Kit is ready to do just that.

Hey Kurama, got any ideas of what we could do tonight?

No idea. Maybe sneak into another Fire Company Compound? Or perhaps we could piss off the world military once more?

While I love both of those ideas...mainly the second one. I believe that there should be a good reason behind our actions tonight