05: Infernal Insects

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Force or Naruto please support the official release
____________________________________________________________

CAUSES OF DEATH ARE MANY AND VARIED

OLD AGE, ILLNESS, SUICIDE

BUT OUT OF THAT LONG MORBID LIST, THERE'S ONE END THAT PEOPLE FEAR ABOVE ALL OTHERS

DEATH BY FIRE

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

It had been five days since we came to Company 1. So far we've found nothing regarding our goal to uncover the mystery behind the artificially made Infernals.

You're up rather early. Any particular reason?

The time had just recently hit six in the morning so it was odd for me to be up, Kurama had certainly noticed that.

「How can I sleep when I'm meant to be out there looking for the guy behind this whole mess? I mean, we still haven't even come close to finding a clue for crying outloud」

Towards my left, laid both Shinra and Arthur, soundly sleeping in comfortable beds. It slightly pissed me off as they didn't seem to be taking this seriously.

How about going out for a walk to try and ease your nerves

Reluctantly I agree, knowing he wouldn't give up until I had agreed. I tied my shoes before walking out the door.

◆◇◆◇◆

Walking down the halls, I couldn't help but admire the place. I hadn't really noticed before, but it was very well made.

You feeling any better? Doesn't the air feel good?

Kurama had been trying to cheer me up for some time now, and it was honestly beginning to work. I felt better knowing he actually cared.

The nuns that walked by glanced at me with slight dislike and disapproval. I didn't mind as this was a natural occurrence for me.

"Well you're up pretty early, you feeling any better?"

It was Tamaki who had spoken. She walked beside me as a smiled adorned her face.

"Hello to you as well Tamaki, I've been feeling better lately, though my ears still ring at times"

She and I had become fairly close during my time here. Can't say I would dub her a best friend but I would call her a very good friend.

We will occasionally hang out when she isn't needed by the Captain or was fawning over Lieutenant Rekka. Her crush for him fairly obvious as she had a hard time hiding it.

"Really? I hope you get better soon, it was sort of scary when blood suddenly erupted from your ears"

"Is that so? I guess I did go a bit overboard when testing out a new ability just like that"

"Oh right! I've been meaning to ask, how did you manage to conjure ice instead of flames like Lieutenant Karim?"

I knew it was only a matter of time before questions arose, but I did bring this on myself so I suppose I should tell her.