14: Getting back to it

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Force or Naruto please support the official release
____________________________________________________________

CAUSES OF DEATH ARE MANY AND VARIED

OLD AGE, ILLNESS, SUICIDE

BUT OUT OF THAT LONG MORBID LIST, THERE'S ONE END THAT PEOPLE FEAR ABOVE ALL OTHERS

DEATH BY FIRE

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

-—Shinra's Point Of View—-

It was the next day. I was currently outside our Company's base alongside Tamaki. She was helping me clean up the area around it since we had no other tasks that needed to be done.

"You almost done?" She asked without looking my way. I could tell something was bothering her, but I just didn't know how to bring it up exactly.

No, I perfectly knew how, it just wasn't my place to do so. Anyone whose known her for as long as we have could easily tell why she was so down.

(Y/N) hasn't spoken to her since we got back, or anyone for that matter. He could be seen on the roof meditating most times or cooped up in bed, but that's very rare.

Ever since our mission, nobody has been able to talk with him. It was almost as if he was in some place that we couldn't reach.

He has also been giving me the coldest shoulder out of all of them. Like he was upset with me. The look in his eyes always seemed slightly off, but they seemed more lifeless now than ever before.

"Just got a couple of spots left then I'll be finished," I answered her without taking my eyes off the ground.

She simply hums in return before continuing to sweep the area.

All this thinking about (Y/N) had drifted into thoughts of Sho Kusakabe, my little brother. I had finally seen him once more after all this time. It made me unbelievably happy. He seems to have joined the other side, which was a major surprise and a slight disappointment.

I will make it my mission to bring him back to the good side.

"Hello lieutenant Karim," I move my head toward the sound of Tamaki's voice, "it's good to see you, what brings you all here?"

My hand had indistinctly raised itself to my forehead in a salute when I noticed the presence of Lieutenant Karim, along with Lieutenant Konro from Company Seven, and Captain Hibana from Company five.

"Tamaki," spoke Lieutenant Karim as I lowered my hand, "it looks like you're doing well here, I'm glad."

"We came here to compare notes on the evangelist. Hopefully, we can all work together from this point forward," spoke Lieutenant Konro, making the memories of that night at Asakusa run through my head.

If we end up going after the white-clad, then I'm probably gonna have to fight Sho again, if that happens, ill have to keep (Y/N) as far away as possible. I don't understand what it was, but it seemingly looked like they wanted to kill each other.

It seemed that I had spaced out since Tamaki hits me on the head with her broom lightly, "Stop spacing out and say something," Is what she says before continuing to walk forward. Her hands put down the broom and pick up a fairly large box that was on a table beside her.