07: A visit to the past I

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Force or Naruto please support the official release
____________________________________________________________

CAUSES OF DEATH ARE MANY AND VARIED

OLD AGE, ILLNESS, SUICIDE

BUT OUT OF THAT LONG MORBID LIST, THERE'S ONE END THAT PEOPLE FEAR ABOVE ALL OTHERS

DEATH BY FIRE

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

Today marked the 16th of May. It also marked the 4th year since that dreadful night.

I could remember it very clearly. The flames that burned bright that night, the houses destroyed... even the lives taken that night. I remember it all.

I truly believe that I should have died that night, but I didn't. Although I couldn't exactly say I survived either.

Currently I stood in front of Captain Ōbi as he questioned me."And where exactly are you going, that you say is very important?" His voice laced with suspicion.

"I'm sorry Captain, but I cannot disclose that information to anyone at the moment" He didn't like this kind of answer but he also knew that whatever I did outside of the company was none of his concern.

I was in the process of joining the Fire Force after my fight with Rekka. Captain Ōbi, along with Shinra had practically begged me. I of course agreed since I was already part of this mess, to begin with.

Kurama spoke his concern in the form of him cutting our link entirely. He sounded pretty mad when doing so. Sometimes it makes me believe he's secretly a girl or something.

"Alright then, have fun wherever it is you're going. Since you're not part of the Force yet, we can't exactly force you to come along to the meeting of Captains with us"

"Thank you, Captain. I apologize again for not coming with you guys. It's just I can't exactly miss what I'm doing for anything in the world"

He gave off a small smile before shaking his head "don't apologize for something like this. If it's truly something that important, then who am I to come between that?" I thank him before making my way into the area where everyone was located.

"Oh, hey (Y/N), I don't know you were coming over today. Did you perhaps finish your submission to the Force yet?" Spoke Shinra. He seemed to be eating some Ramen as everyone else ate something else. It honestly looked really good.

"No that ain't it. I came to tell Captain Ōbi, that my submission will have to be held back for today" His smile dropped instantly, along with everyone else in the room. Heck, even Hibana was frowning "And why is that? Is there something wrong with this Company? You know if you want, you can always come and join the Fifth, instead of this... place" Her tone had flipped from her usual smugness to a tone of disgust at the end.

"Can you tell us why you're taking your submission back?" It was Tamaki who spoke. She had been stationed here at the Eight as punishment for helping Rekka with his Artificial Human Combustions. A light punishment considering the lives lost because of them.

"Don't be mistaken. I'm not taking back my submission all-in-all-" Their faces seemed to brighten up once more "-There is just something that came up today, and I am needed back at my old place" Tamaki's smile grew back to its original glory before peaking "Oh! That's a relief" They all seemed to agree with this as well.