04: Company 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Force or Naruto please support the official release
____________________________________________________________

CAUSES OF DEATH ARE MANY AND VARIED

OLD AGE, ILLNESS, SUICIDE

BUT OUT OF THAT LONG MORBID LIST, THERE'S ONE END THAT PEOPLE FEAR ABOVE ALL OTHERS

DEATH BY FIRE

I had a hard time understanding how I had ended up in my current predicament. . . . Oh well, it's not like I was complaining about it.

The opposite, in fact, I quite like this outcome.

I currently sat in a long chair with Hibana by my side feeding me some pieces of meat as I gazed upon the ocean ahead

"How is it? Do you like the taste?"

Smiling I respond "It's amazing, Thank you" she giggled at my response before reaching for another one "Self-satisfied punk" spoke the guy holding the umbrella in a low tone, which had earned him a painful kick from Hibana.

"Gravel does not speak—does not even breathe without my permission!" She exclaimed as he tried his best to not cry out right then and there "Right, (Y/N)?" She asked in a soft tone which I nod at as a response.

You seem to be enjoying yourself

What can I say? She's really into me

I can very clearly see that

I could hear Captain Obi begin his sad excuse of a speech with a megaphone as I began to remember the reason we were here.

-—Flashback—-

"Well the thing is. . . . I'm not actually part of the Fire Force"

There stood Shinra, alongside Hibana and Iris, just staring at me with looks of shock for some time.

"Umm, are you guys o--?"

"You're not part of the Force?!" Yelled Shinra, cutting me off. I didn't know what to say so I just went ahead and asked "Is that a bad thing?" I held a wavering smile, expecting maybe a scolding?

"That's so awesome man!"

Huh?

"You helped us even though you're not part of the force?! You're like a Hero!"

"I agree, it is quite commendable" agreed Hibana.

Iris had quietly walked up to me with a worried expression on her face "while I do appreciate you coming to help, it is not safe for you to do something like that all alone. Please refrain from doing that"

Hey voice, laced with concern as her lips curled down to a frown "Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself just fine, I came here because I wanted to help out, that's is all" she smiled while nodding.

"How am I gonna explain this mess to the higher-ups? For that matter, what should I tell this spilled gravel? Hibana sounded bothered or annoyed as she looked at her soldiers laid out on the ground.