Chapter 1 - Giving up Villainy

A/N A friend dared me to write a story with no main ships in it (there are some minor background ships but nothing that really impacts the story) so bear with me as I desperately try to keep these boys from making out.

It was late already and Inko was probably wondering where he was by now. His meeting took longer than expected because his business partners were being difficult about the deal Hisashi offered. Ah, such a waste... He even got blood on his good suit! It'll be hard to remove those stains, for sure... What a pain.

You see, Hisashi Midoriya wasn't just a businessman like many people thought. He was actually the holder of one of the most powerful quirks on this planet, if not the most powerful, All For One. Hisashi had been alive for over a century and built his underground empire from the ground up. It had always been his pride and joy, up until he met Inko, that is.

She was sweet and caring and saw all the good in the world while Hisashi had only ever been able to see all its flaws. He saw things that needed to change and Inko saw things that should always stay the same. She changed him, in a way, and he fell hopelessly in love with her. Hisashi swore he'd protect her no matter what and took her as his wife. A few months ago, she gave birth to their son, his son.

In all those years of being alive, Hisashi never thought it was possible for him to have this kind of simple life. A loving family to come home to after a long day of work. It just wasn't for him, you know? Villains don't usually get their happy ending. They always end up facing their tragic fate one way or another. Yet he somehow managed to get it all! Isn't that just wonderful?

A notification on his phone made him stop dead in his tracks and he quickly read the message. Something happened with the Shimura household... He had people watching it at all times, making sure the descendents of his previous nemesis wouldn't pose a threat to him in the future. Or maybe he could manipulate them and use them against his new enemy? The possibilities were endless, really.

He frowned when reading the message though. A massacre... Youngest child missing, taken or fled, unsure. Hisashi sighed, seems like he's going to need to work overtime today...
"I'm sorry Inko..." he whispered to himself. His wife will have to wait a little longer. As he walked towards the general area of the Shimura household, he started to wonder if this is how it'll always be. Hisashi missing out on important moments with his family, barely able to spend time with them due to his work as All For One...

He didn't want to be kept away from the ones he loved but his work was important too. He was changing the world! For better or for worse, that remained to be seen, but he was changing things and that was a fact. Hisashi came to a stand still in front of an alley, hearing small sobs and cries from within.
"Hello?" he called out, walking down the dark and narrow path.

Most people would be afraid when walking in places like this, but Hisashi classified himself as someone people should be afraid of rather than being scared of attacks or assaults. The alley was a dead end, a shaking and crying boy sitting all curled up on himself against the wall between the trash. His clothes were tattered and torn, dirty too. The boy couldn't be older than four, his red eyes full of tears.

They reminded him of Mitsuki, a good friend of Inko. She also gave birth to a baby boy recently, making the two moms excited. Their boys would be the best of friends! They'll personally see to it! Hisashi smiled a bit at the memory, kneeling down in front of the child. His hair was a light blue and now he could also see there were scratch marks on his neck. Huh... Wait... This was the youngest Shimura, wasn't it?

He read reports about his appearance and behavior. There were mentions of some kind of rash on his neck and this boy seemed to fit the age category.
"Hey, you don't have to be afraid... I'm here to help"
"H-help..?" the boy whispered, flinching at the hand that reached out for him. He didn't want to hurt this person! He didn't want to hurt anyone!