Chapter 31 - Test of Courage

Shouta watched over his students as they trained relentlessly, clearly remembering how much he himself had suffered in his first year at UA. Ah well, they better get used to this, it's not like their training is going to get any easier from here on out. Normally he wasn't one to observe when he didn't have to but he had some free time on his hands since Vlad King was taking care of the extra classes today. That and he had some concerns regarding his most problematic student...

Midoriya was currently sparring with Uraraka while both of them had to hold up as many objects as they could. The air above their part of the training ground was littered with flying rocks and debris as they went at each other. The side effects of the strain of their quirks were more unique though. While Uraraka became physically unwell, Midoriya got migraines. Both were enough to lose focus so it wasn't all that surprising to see stones falling down every now and then.

No, the training in itself was going well, that wasn't what Shouta was worried about. It had more to do with a certain hero than a student at this point... His eyes drifted over to All Might, who was also watching the match between Midoriya and Uraraka, unsurprisingly. It seemed that after the practical exams his interest in the green head grew exponentially. Something that could potentially be very dangerous...

Aizawa didn't know exactly what happened during that practical either... One moment they were fighting, the other moment All Might simply let them walk out. Sure, he broke Midoriya's arm, but that's not the most gruesome injury someone has gotten in a UA exam. It was only one bone, maybe two, that's nothing compared to what's in their records! And definitely nothing compared to what All Might has done to others before!

So that meant something must've happened, something that they weren't able to catch on camera footage. A feeling, maybe? Instinct? Had Midoriya accidentally slipped up and allowed All Might to sense his power? No matter who asked, All Might always seemed to dodge the question or come up with excuses as to why he simply let them walk away. Some teachers argued that they didn't deserve to pass, but they officially completed the criteria of the exam so their complaints were negated.

"Don't you need to help the students with their strength training?" Aizawa asked, startling the number one hero.
"Ah, Eraserhead, I-"
"If you're not going to be productive, you should've stayed home" he remarked, not even looking at the man anymore.

"What's so entertaining about watching those two fight anyway? It seems to me like they're about to collapse any minute now"
"Yes, well, he's stronger than meets the eye" All Might sighed.
"Are you talking about Midoriya? I thought I told you to let that go-" Aizawa frowned, not wanting any unnecessary pressure on the problem child. He was having enough trouble as is hiding his true power, no need to add to that list.

"I know, I know, but I'm certain Eraser" All Might stated, even more confident about this than at the start of the year.
"I'll prove it to you one way or another, but for now all I can do is keep a close eye on him. I promise I won't try anything else! But he is simply too dangerous to let out of my sight!"
Shouta huffed, not believing him for one second. Yet he knew he wouldn't be able to pull something during camp while everyone was watching so that was something.

That didn't take away all his concern though... If he'd be watching Midoriya like he said he would, the kid might break.
"There is nothing wrong with watching him, right?" All Might added with a smile. Oh this man knew what he was doing and Aizawa was getting more pissed off by the second.
"Of course not, as long as you keep your distance. Wouldn't want to report to Nezu you broke our restraining order, now would we?"

"Of course!" All Might smiled. He knew Eraser was protective of his students so he didn't want to push the issue too far. He'd been teaching at UA for far longer than he had so if it came to a serious dispute, the principal would turn against the number one hero. Worst case scenario he'd be fired. That would definitely damage his image... Besides, he still needed to find a suitable successor he could pass his quirk onto!