Chapter 38 - Unexpected Guests

It had been two weeks since the events at Jaku City and not a word from Izuku. They didn't know whether his condition had improved or if he was still in a coma or even where he was being kept and it was driving some residents of Midriya's wayward home nuts. Hitoshi groaned as he got hit with another explosion, driving him back into a corner. Sparring with Katsuki was normally seen as a punishment, but now it was a straight up death wish.

The ash blonde had been throwing himself into his training regime, his patience running even thinner than usual, exploding anyone and anything the first chance he got. He was frustrated, but he wasn't the only one.
"You're gonna kill him if you're not careful" Shoto pointed out, but Katsuki pointedly ignored him as he kept barreling down on the brainwasher until Shinsou told him to stop it a minute later.

"What the hell are you even doing here, half-n-half? Thought daddy dearest didn't want you anywhere near this place" Katsuki scoffed as he walked over to his water bottle.
"True, I bet he's furious with me right now" Shoto shrugged.
"But he can't do anything about it since he can't be seen coming near this place, so it's, as you would word it, my win"
"You sneaked out? Seems like we've got a bad influence on you" Hitoshi commented, but they could tell he wasn't serious by the little smirk he gave Shoto.

"I wanted to come and check whether there was any news, but it seems the Hero Commission isn't telling you anything either" the halfa sighed, handing Hitoshi a towel so he could wipe off the sweat and dust that clung onto his skin after those explosions.
"Besides, I would like some more bonding time with my brother, even if it's against father's wishes"

Yeah, Dabi had come clean to his siblings after everything that happened. With all the talk about how important family is, after seeing his new one being ripped apart just like his old one had so many years ago... Well, it brought up unwanted feelings and made his resolve to stay away from the Todoroki family waver. So when Shoto showed up the first time, right after they were told Izuku was going to be transported to some military grade hospital and Hisashi would be locked up in Tartarus for the rest of his life, he finally came clean.

Shoto, on his turn, told his siblings. As far as either of them knew, Endeavor was still clueless about it, and so was their mother. Dabi was planning on telling her himself and the others understood he needed some more time to do so. It was a delicate subject, after all.
"Dabi is out right now, I think he was going to meet up with your sister, actually" Hitoshi hummed.

"Oh, well, can I join your training then?" Shoto asked.
"Be my guest cause I'm out!" Hitoshi stated, quickly packing up his things in the hopes no one would stop him from leaving if he was just fast enough.
"Yeah, run! I bet icyhot here is a better punching bag than you anyways!" Katsuki hissed, clearly agitated. But before Hitoshi could flee the scene, Toga ran in the room.

"We have a guest!" she called out.
"A guest? Why the hell would I care about that shit?!" Katsuki barked.
"It's a special guest! Kurogiri came back from the hospital!" Himiko smiled, making the boys freeze up. Kurogiri...was back? But how? Everyone here now knew he was a Nomu of some kind, that Izuku had reversed him back to the teen he used to be, that he wasn't the Kurogiri they remembered.

"You mean...Shirakumo, right?" Shinsou asked. He'd heard Eraserhead talk about him. Apparently they were supposed to be the same age and had been in the same class in high school. At least, up until he almost died and All For One got a hold of his body...
"Yep! He wants to see everyone!" Toga nodded.
"Well, I think it's time you took a break from training anyway. Let's at least see what's up" Hitoshi suggested, making Katsuki huff. Fucking fine but it better not be a wast of his time!

When the teens made their way upstairs, they quickly found the visitors in the cafeteria. Both Shirakumo and Aizawa sensei were there, one happily chatting with the residents while the other was simply there to supervise.
"Ah, Hitoshi! I heard you finally got into the hero course! Shouta told me you'll be starting in 1-A after summer break, that's so awesome!" the blue haired boy exclaimed once he saw them.