Chapter 8 - USJ

Hisashi froze up when his son told him All Might would be giving them hero training once a week from now on. This wasn't decided in the school's planning or curriculum... He knew, he checked it. So this was decided last minute... But with what motive..? Izuku had to be careful around him, making sure not to act suspicious or stand out. Of course that had always been the deal but now Hisashi definitely needed to keep a close eye on his son. Or rather, that damn All Might...

He knew it was his fault his son had to suffer like this right now. He was the man who had blood on his hands, who made the world fear his quirk and who made All Might go on a manhunt. It was his fault that Izuku wasn't able to live carefree and look up to the number one hero like all kids did. His villainous background will always overshadow anything he'll ever be able to accomplish for his family, but that didn't mean he wasn't willing to try and give them the world.

"His presence is...distracting" Izuku mumbled, frowning.
"It's like... I-I can't really explain it..."
"You wanna steal his quirk" Katsuki provided, making their eyes turn to the blonde as he sipped from his juice. Izuku's eyes widened, staring at Kacchan in shock.
"That's what you told me when he spied on us on our first day" he shrugged.
"You can feel it was once yours and you wanna take it back, isn't that it?"

"Yeah... It... It itches, sets me on edge" Izuku mumbled, confirming what Katsuki had said. Tears welled up in his eyes as he looked up at his dad with a desperate look.
"I-is it bad that I w-wanna take his quirk..? A-am I a-a bad person..? It's selfish, i-isn't it?"
"Oh son..." Hisashi whispered, pulling the boy in his arms.
"It's a normal reaction. I-I... I had it as well... Wanting to keep an eye out, control it, manipulate it... Steal it..."

He took a shaky breath and pulled back, forcing a smile for his son.
"You'll learn how to behave yourself and push down that itching urge inside you. I'll teach you some methods I used when I was still in the possession of All For One"
Izuku nodded, wiping his tears away as he tried to get a handle on his emotions. Katsuki sighed, putting his glass down and patting the nerd on the back a few times.

"You're gonna get through this Deku. Just another obstacle you have to overcome, no big deal right?"
"R-right..!" Izuku sniffled, giving him the best smile he could muster right now.
"Good. Anyway, I have to get home, see you tomorrow" Katsuki sighed, waving both Izuku and Hisashi goodbye as he walked past Tenko at the front door.

Tenko was a college student yet he still traveled between uni and home a lot. Dabi did have a dorm so he stayed the night with him sometimes too. His studies were funded by the Midoriya family fund, of course.
"I'm ba- What happened?" he asked, noticing the atmosphere.
"Rough day at school" Izuku mumbled, wiping away a stray tear.

"I-I'm gonna go up to my room for a bit"

Tenko frowned, watching Izuku leave before looking at his dad. Hisashi sighed, leaning against the table.
"It's All Might..." he started before explaining everything to his adoptive son. Meanwhile Izuku drowned himself in hero news, taking notes and researching their quirks and possibilities.

He had a natural curiosity for those things due to All For One and it helped distract him from all the things that were plaguing his mind at the moment. He stumbled across Mirko, the rabbit hero. She was the current number 5 hero and someone Kacchan really looked up to. Izuku could understand why, seeing as they had very similar personalities. Yeah... He remembered the first time Kacchan told him about her.

He didn't have a quirk yet, neither of them had. Katsuki had joked around, saying a bunny quirk would fit Izuku perfectly. Izuku hadn't denied it, going along with it like he always agreed to everything Kacchan told him back then. Izuku wondered if, if he took her quirk, whether or not the fur on the rabbit parts would change colour. They matched her hair and skin tone, but would it adapt to him if he were to use it?