Chapter 20 - Gran Torino

Izuku glanced at Katsuki from a distance as the whole class was gathered at the train station in order to set off for their separate internships. They had a fight about Izuku interning under Gran Torino and the ash blonde refused to talk to him ever since. Izuku didn't like it when they fought like this, the silence between them carving itself into his being, making him tense and on edge.

He could still sense that Kacchan was worried about him. That's what led to this situation in the first place... Izuku had tried to reassure him, to wave it off as not a big deal, nothing dangerous, nothing to worry about. That had only angered his childhood friend more though and now they were where they are now. Izuku sighed. Hopefully they'll be able to resolve things soon...

"Oh, Iida's train is almost here" Uraraka said, making Izuku perk up again. Their friend was interning in Hosu, the same city where his older brother was severely injured by the so-called Hero Killer. Izuku had a bad feeling about it, knowing that Iida hadn't fully recovered from the news yet. He might've caught a glimpse of his emotions using his vision quirk and well, it wasn't looking good. Izuku just hoped that things would be alright...

He could only offer his support, do his best to cheer his friend up and show him they were there if he needed them. He could sense Uraraka was also worried about him as they waved him off, but there was nothing the two of them could do for him now... Neither of them would be interning anywhere close to Hosu and even if they did, they doubted they'd see much of each other while working.

"Midoriya" Aizawa called out, giving him a knowing look. Izuku's homeroom teacher had advised him against going, but Izuku was determined to see things through. He couldn't pass up an opportunity like this. For one, he could prove his innocence. And secondly he would be able to learn from someone that even taught All Might how to fight and be a hero. The experience would be valuable and it's going to be a nice touch to his resume.

"I trust you not to get yourself in trouble"

"I won't, Aizawa sensei" Izuku smiled, giving a small bow to be polite before going over to his platform and taking the train to where he needed to be. It would be evening by the time he arrived, but that didn't bother him. He just hoped everyone else would be okay... Iida had deliberately chosen something in Hosu, which worried Izuku. He just hoped nothing bad would happen.

Uraraka was going to be interning under a combat hero, so she will probably get back all bruised and beaten from training... Izuku didn't see her as frail, but he didn't like to see her hurt either. Then there was Todoroki, who had decided to intern under his father... His family situation was complicated, to say the least, and Izuku hoped that he would be okay for the upcoming week.

Kacchan was going over to Mirko's hero agency, so the green head was sure he'll be having a blast. Their personalities are a perfect match, after all, and Mirko is a high ranked pro hero too. Maybe it'll put him in a mood that's good enough to forgive him for his recklessness and they could move on? Ah, one could only hope...

When Izuku finally arrived at the location a few hours later, he had to double check whether his info was correct. This place didn't exactly look in the best condition and the neighbourhood wasn't particularly...inhabited. It felt odd. Something was off about this. Was it all some kind of trap All Might set up? Izuku didn't think he'd do something as reckless as that after the USJ... The school will have his head if Izuku were to somehow vanish on this internship and the media will demand an explanation.

It would be too risky to try and kidnap him, so maybe they just wanted to trick him into using his quirks? This area looked pretty much abandoned at this time of day, seeing as most buildings were factories and organisations and all their employees already went home. Izuku sighed. Well, if it was a fight they wanted, he could give them that much. He'll just have to make sure not to slip up, but that wasn't a hard thing to do. Certainly not with these stakes.