Chapter 28 - Secondary Quirk

"Are you fucking insane?!"

Okay, fair, Izuku already expected that kind of reaction. He admitted it was quite an insane proposition...
"Shush! All Might is gonna hear you if you yell like that!" Izuku hissed, putting his hand over Kacchan's mouth.
"You told me to be myself, remember? To think like I always do and come up with a plan that assures us of victory. This is me being myself and this is my plan. You're in or not?"

Katsuki scowled, glaring at Deku in silence for a while before licking his hand.

"Ew! Gross!"

"That's what you get for trying to silence me, nerd" the ash blonde stated, sticking out his tongue. Ugh, Kacchan was acting like a little kid!
"But back to business, you're serious about this shit?"
"I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't" Izuku answered, wiping his hand off on Katsuki's hero outfit.

"Oi! Hands off!"

"It's your spit, your clothes getting ruined!"

They fell to the ground during their little quarrel, instantly falling silent when they felt the ground rumble again, presumably because All Might punched the ground in some way to lure them out of their hiding spot. Izuku yelped, his grip on Kacchan tightening on reflex. Katsuki froze up too, but if anyone pointed it out he would absolutely deny it.

"Alright, fuck, fine. A second quirk huh? What did you have in mind?" Katsuki asked in a whisper. Izuku's eyes widened, a smile rising to his lips.
"You're in?"
"Depends on what kind of fucked up quirk you're planning to shove down my throat, Deku" Katsuki countered, but it was clear by the tone in his voice he'll go along with this crazy idea whatever Izuku decided.

"I was thinking about my spring quirk which basically turns the inside of your limbs into springs. Makes you jump higher but it could also cushion your blasts so your body can take the recoil better. Think of it as a smaller secondary quirk to assist your original one" Izuku quickly explained, practically seeing the gears turning in Kacchan's mind as he followed along with the implications of this addition.

"...Okay, hit me" Katsuki breathed, closing his eyes.
"Are you sure? I don't want to force anything onto you-" Izuku added, only to be interrupted by Katsuki.
"Shut up and get it over with Deku!" he hissed.
"Just know that this shit is temporary, okay? After this exam you take your dumb quirk back! I don't need some secondary quirk to become the number one!"

"Of course! Long exposure to a second quirk without alterations to your body could have negative effects on your well-being. The goal is to lessen the damage, not to accumulate it" Izuku nodded.
"But you've got nothing to worry about, I promise! Side effects only start to show after about a year or so-"

The ground rumbled again. Harder this time. All Might was obviously getting impatient.
"We're wasting time here Deku, just do whatever you've got to do" Katsuki stated. Izuku quickly nodded, still holding onto Katsuki's arms as he focused on the transfer. Passing on quirks came natural to him since he had so many of them stored up inside himself. That's also why he luckily didn't have a constant urge to take quirks away from people, with the exception of One For All.

The transfer was complete by the time another rumble shook the building, causing a few pebbles to fall down from the ceiling.
"We need to move. How are you feeling, Kacchan?" Izuku asked as they crawled back up from the floor. Katsuki flexed his fingers for a moment, looking down at his hands and his arms.
"Feels...fuzzy... Different. But I can work with this" he mumbled, letting some explosions escape his palms

"Alright, let's kick some ass!"

And kick ass they did.

With the new quirk update Kacchan could hold his own against All Might while Izuku backed him up. He was using his telekinesis on the rubble that was laying around due to the destruction All Might caused against the pro hero. Smashing stones into his body and shooting flying shards of glass his way every chance he got. After a few minutes, the so-called villain was already covered in cuts, bruises and burns.