Chapter 17 - Requests

The sportsfestival was over and classes continued like normal. Well, that was the case for almost everyone. Izuku glanced up as Iida entered the classroom, quickly looking away again. The Hero Killer injured his older brother during the sportsfestival. While they were celebrating, he was standing at his hospital bed. Ingenium would probably never walk again... He'll never be a hero again...

Izuku clenched his fists, frowning. He couldn't imagine what kind of effect this had on his friend. If this had happened to one of his siblings... He took a deep breath. All he could do for now was support him, make sure that Iida knew he was there for him if he wanted to talk.
"Everyone in your seats" Aizawa muttered as he crawled up from his sleeping bag right after the bell rang. People were quick to move, everyone sitting down only a few seconds after.

"The sportsfestival has ended. You all did well" he sighed.
"Now, some of you were noticed by one or more hero agencies. Here are the number of requests per person"
A list was projected onto the board, eyes darting all around it to look for their own name and the names of the most popular people.

Todoroki got the most requests, even though he ended in second place. Izuku could already see Kacchan fuming in the seat in front of him, giving it a small chuckle. The ash blonde had given him an earful about pacifying him after the festival ended and he was still kinda pissed off about it. Izuku didn't like to use the word 'fight' for whatever tension was between them right now. But that didn't mean Kacchan wasn't any less angry with him.

"Even those of you who didn't get any requests will go on an internship. The school provides standard offers from agencies who are always willing to accept students. I want your top three choices by the end of the week" Aizawa stated, placing a bunch of papers on his desk.
"If I call your name, come and get the list of requests that are available to you"
And so they discussed and compared their requests for the rest of homeroom, looking over their options and gushing over heroes.

"So who did you get Kacchan?" Izuku asked, trying to peek over his shoulder, only for Katsuki to shift and turn so Izuku couldn't see. The green head pouted, leaning back in his chair again. Yep, Kacchan was definitely still angry with him... Guess it's understandable, seeing as he used one of his quirks on him against his will.
"Did the two of you have a fight or something?" Uraraka asked as she and Asui approached his table. Ugh, there was that word he didn't want to use...

"Yeah, something like that..." Izuku sighed, quickly forcing a smile on his face.
"So what kind of offers did you get?"
"I wanna go with this one" Uraraka stated, putting her list on the table and pointing at one of the names.
"Gunhead? Isn't he a combat hero? I thought you wanted to become a rescue hero?" Izuku asked, confused.

"True, but that doesn't mean I should slack off on my combat skills! You never know what's going to happen out in the field, right?" she reacted, seemingly determined to see this through.
"What about you, Tsu?"
"Oh, I'd like to go somewhere with a lot of water" she explained.

"Marine based? I think there are a few of those between the standard picks as well" Izuku said, quickly looking through his own requests to show her.
"Yes, I'm going to look into those and the ones I got requested through the sportsfestival. Ribbit" she answered.
"Do you know where you'll be following your internship, Midoriya?"

"Oh, I, uh, I haven't really decided yet... There are so many amazing heroes on this list and they all have their own unique skills and specializations and I just can't pick just one, you know?" Izuku chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. Maybe it was All For One speaking, but he really had a hard time picking one of so many. So many quirks, so many ways to use them. It was kinda overwhelming, to be honest...

He wished he was able to talk about those feelings with someone, but the only one who knew, the only one who ever came close to understanding him...wasn't talking to him. It's his own fault for using his quirk on Kacchan, but there is nothing Izuku could do about it now. He tried apologizing, but Katsuki's stubborn ass won't accept it.