Chapter 5 - First Day

Today was the day, their first day of the new school year. Aizawa was reviewing his student's profiles to get a first impression, lingering on Midoriya's file a little bit longer. All Might hadn't shut up about it. He was convinced this kid had multiple quirks and was in league with All For One, wherever that ancient villain may be right now. Aizawa didn't believe an evil like that could just die, so he must be in hiding somewhere.

But what he was doing or why remained a mystery until a new lead gave them some kind of explanation. Shouta wasn't convinced All For One was building up his ranks or creating an army. If he did, why would he have eliminated all his previous allies? All Might found their bodies after connecting the dots to the super villain. That's why they knew All For One wanted to disappear, leave the organization he'd built up and leave nothing of himself behind.

It was definitely strange, to say the least... Aizawa sighed, placing the file down again as he glanced aside at the number one hero. His giant frame and muscle was kinda hard to miss, even if he didn't want to be noticed.
"As far as I know, you don't have a homeroom class to welcome to school today so what are you doing here? Please don't say spy on Midoriya" the black haired man groaned.

"My suspicions are rarely wrong, Eraser" he stated, crossing his arms.
"If I find you watching my class today, something is going to be wrong, you hear me? I don't need the first years getting distracted by the number one hero tailing them" Aizawa frowned, standing up behind his desk as All Might entered the room.

"That kid is dangerous, Eraser! We can't allow him to go unsupervised-!"
"I will be there, won't I?" Aizawa hissed, now glaring at the larger man.
"Now if you'll excuse me, I need to prepare for my homeroom class"
He was fed up by All Might at this point, throwing out accusations without any proof or very little to go on. Aizawa had respect for the pro hero, just like anyone else, but it was starting to fade the more time he actually got to spend with the guy.

Sure, he was a great hero and saving people and fighting the bad guys was what he's best at but man, could he be obsessed and have paranoia... Anything but an investigator, so it seemed. That's probably why he has such close ties with the police investigation department.
"Fine. But if you see anything suspicious, anything at all-" All Might spoke, making Aizawa sigh.

"Yes, you'll be the first to hear about it" Shouta sighed.
"...Alright! Well, this, uh, this was a nice conversation... I'll see you around, Eraser!" All Might smiled, trying to ignore the uneasy atmosphere.
"Yes..." Aizawa said slowly, watching the man leave his classroom before he sighed and dragged a hand down his face.

Sometimes that man could be so exhausting... And Shouta was already tired enough as it is, thank you very much. Having insomnia isn't a great trait for a hero, or a great trait in general. He grabbed the student files and put them away in his desk. Time to get one last coffee from the teacher's lounge before he had to face a class full of hero hopefuls...

...

Katsuki stared at his phone with a blank look as the green head next to him brimmed with excitement. He was scrolling through his social media while they rode the train to UA, seeing all their old classmates post pictures of them at their new high school and in their uniforms and stuff like that. High school was a big deal after middle school and if you got into the school of your choice it was to be expected you'd put it out on the internet.

"Oi, stop that" the ash blonde mumbled, hitting Izuku's leg. He just wouldn't sit still!
"I-I can't help it Kacchan! I'm just so happy!" Izuku giggled, holding onto his bag with a big dumb smile on his face. His eyes literally lit up and Katsuki rolled his eyes. The green energy flashes that struck like lightning in that emerald green sky had always mesmerized him. Ever since he got his quirk, his eyes always did that when he got super excited and happy. It was childish, but it held some charm to it...