Chapter 25 - Exam Preparations

A lot had changed since their internships. Mostly on the social front, in Katsuki's case. All of the sudden he didn't just walk to school with Izuku but also with this insomniac kid from general studies. Shinsou was a chill guy though, never talked all that much before he had his morning coffee, so Katsuki could tolerate him.

Another change was the fact Todoroki seemed to think they were friends now. The socially awkward boy circled around him and Deku like an annoying mosquito, always coming back no matter how many times you swat him away. Katsuki came close to exploding several times a day, but he always managed to remember the lessons Mirko taught him.

To choose his battles, to allow others closer, to let them assist even if you don't need it. It builds trust, an essential part of a pro hero's image. Of course that didn't mean he had to change his personality, Mirko had made that point very clear. But it would allow him to create a safety net, people who would support him and back him up in case he needed it. It was purely strategic, nothing more.

Yeah, so when Kirishima asked him to tutor him in order to prepare for the exams, he agreed. Not because Kirishima was his friend or they sparred in basically every class that allowed it, but because he'd owe him. Yes, purely strategic.
"Oh Blasty, teach me too!" Kaminari whined, clinging onto Bakugou.
"Math is my worst subject by far!"

"Oi! Fuck off dunce face!" Katsuki hissed. Strategic or not, he couldn't deal with all the idiots all at once and definitely not for longer periods of time. Izuku chuckled as he watched the scene unfold from a distance, seeing Ashido and Sero join in with their pleas as Kacchan was clearly trying to keep himself from harming anyone while Aizawa sensei could see it.

"Maybe we could organize our own study session, Deku-kun?" Uraraka suggested, making the green head look aside at the girl.
"Preparation is key to good results! Study sessions are required if we want to pass the exams!" Iida agreed.
"Oh, we can study at my place! It's definitely big enough" Izuku smiled.

"Can I join in as well?" Todoroki asked, as formal as ever.
"Of course! The more the merrier! Besides, you can teach me Classic Japanese while you're at it. You're at the top of our class together with Iida, after all" Uraraka stated. Right, Iida and Todoroki always scored top grades in every subject, together with Yaoyorozu and of course Kacchan! Oh, speaking of Kacchan-

"Hey Kacchan! Why don't we combine our groups for one big study session? We're doing it at my place" Izuku suggested as he walked up to the group.
"That's a great idea Midoriya!" Kirishima smiled while Bakugou groaned. Great, he was gonna be stuck with all these fucking extras anyway...
"What day fits best for you guys?" Uraraka asked.

"Let's see, uhm, maybe Friday?" Mina proposed.
"No, I'm way too worn out after the intense battle training Aizawa sensei puts us through on Friday" Kaminari whined.
"That's true... What about Saturday?" Izuku asked, looking around the group.

"Fits for me!"

"I'll need to ask my father, but I don't think it'll be a problem"

"Yeah, works for me too"

"Ugh, fine" Katsuki groaned.
"But I better be allowed to explode the hell out of some targets in the basement afterwards, got it nerd?"
"You're always allowed to use our training facilities Kacchan, you know that" Izuku giggled, confusing the shit out of their classmates. They all knew about his dad's job, but most of them didn't seem to have realised what that entailed.

To say some jaws dropped when Saturday rolled around was an understatement.
"Whoa, Midoriya, your place is huge!" Denki gasped.
"Well, we do live here with quite a lot of people when all the rooms are taken" Izuku shrugged.
"It can get quite crowded at times"
"Fucking annoying, you mean" Katsuki grunted, pushing past his classmates and walking down the hall.