Chapter 9 - Sabotage

Aizawa looked on from the other side of the room, making sure his students were okay as Recovery Girl checked them out. Uraraka said her memory was fuzzy after she got stuck and Kaminari said he thought he saw Midoriya free her. Eraserhead had stated that he was the one to free her and carry both of them to safety. The broken pipeline and possible hallucinating effect of the gas cleared the possibility of Izuku being there, making it seem like a misunderstanding on Denki's side.

And it would stay like that, at least until Midoriya gave him a decent explanation. Because next to the two students that almost drowned, laid the problem child himself. He was found unconscious inside the blizzard zone. Todoroki had explained how they got separated from each other and Asui had to be warmed up instantly to wake her up from her hibernation. These two zones weren't the only ones with malfunctions though... The fire in the fire zone had gone out of control, causing severe burns on the students Thirteen was supervising.

They stopped the training exercise after that, not moving on to other zones but finding out they were showing irregularities as well. Nezu had set up an investigation to make sure this was a technical issue instead of a set up by someone else with foul intentions. The burns were already treated and most students had gone home already. All but the three in the nurse's office and this one stubborn ash blonde...

Shouta glanced aside, his eyes landing on Bakugou. The teen was sitting in the small waiting area, playing some game on his phone or texting or whatever.
"Ah, you haven't gone home either, I see" All Might stated as he walked up to them. Katsuki glanced up, giving the hero a glare before looking back down at his screen. Strange...
"I'm not leaving until I know all my students are alright" Eraserhead sighed.

"Well, then I'm sure you're glad to know these two are cleared to go home" Recovery Girl smiled.
"I don't think you'll experience any lasting effects, but if you have headaches or dizzy spells in the following week, please come back to let me check it out"
"Yes of course, thank you Recovery Girl" Uraraka smiled, bowing to show respect.
"Thank you for your care" Kaminari said, also bowing down before the two of them left the nurses office.

"You should go home as well, young Bakugou! We don't want to worry your family-"
"They know I'm staying until Deku wakes up" Katsuki interrupted him.
"I'm not leaving without him"
"Just let him be, it's not worth the trouble" Aizawa sighed, placing a hand on All Might's shoulder and turning him around, going on a walk away from the nurses office.

Shouta knew his colleague was obsessed with that boy and if he knew his suspicion about Midoriya having multiple quirks was true... Aizawa wasn't sure what All Might would do, to be honest. He wouldn't throw his student under the bus before knowing what exactly was going on, that's for sure.
"We've never seen anything quite like this... Someone might've sabotaged the joint with all the malfunctions we observed today" Aizawa sighed.

"Do you think they're after you again?"

"Who says it wasn't just a technical issue?" All Might asked, making Aizawa frown. Normally Toshinori was the first to throw theories around about sabotage and ill intentions... Don't tell him-
"All Might, please tell me you don't have anything to do with what happened today?" Aizawa sighed, dragging a hand down his face.

"Eraserhead!" Toshinori gasped, placing a hand over his chest.
"I would never intentionally put the safety of our students at risk!"
Aizawa frowned, glaring at the pro hero.
"And Midoriya?"
There was a small silence, telling Shouta more than enough.

"Look... I just... I wanted to lower the temperature in the dome a tiny little bit-" All Might started, making Eraserhead glare at him with pure red eyes.
"-I just wanted to get a reaction out of him! I swear I never wanted to put any of the students in any danger-"
"Asui almost died!" Aizawa hissed, glaring at Toshinori.