Author's Note

Hi friends!

Hi friends!

I usually leave my author's note in the chapter but didn't want to ruin the effect of that ending lol. To be honest, I'm really not satisfied with that chapter, but it's been stressing me out for weeks and I just needed to write it and be done with it. First drafts are first drafts for a reason. But I found writing the final showdown between Cleo and her father SO HARDDDDD AARGFDFH. It's so anti-climatic. I'm sorry about that!!! I promise I'll revisit it and make it better when I have a clear mind.

As you know by now, What's at Stake is going to have a sequel! It will be called THE STAKES BETWEEN US. I haven't decided whether I will be putting it into a separate book on my profile, or just adding it to this one.

What's at Stake has not done as well as my other books. I don't really care about that, though, but I'm worried that separating the sequel will leave readers confused if there is one or not. Should I just keep everything under this one? Or does long chapter counts scare readers off? I'm not sure what to do!

The sequel will not be as long as the first book. Think of it as a trilogy. The first two books are actually in What's at Stake and then the third book will be The Stakes Between us.

Thank you all for reading What's at Stake! And thank you for all your comments and votes and support! It's really kept me going!! I hope you will all continue to into the sequel!

But as a heads up-- I am taking a small hiatus. I just need a break. I'm burnt out. So I'm taking a month off to recoup. I'll be posting a notice to my profile that will go more in-depth, so if you're interested, you can check that out later! It won't be a long hiatus. Probably just January. 

I leave you with this illustration of Kieran and Adora I never got to put in the book!