Chapter 19: Back To Reality

to the present time...

Everything comes back to reality, Jeongyeon is still shocked now that the girl that she hides for so many years, is now standing in front of her.

"Can't say anything huh?" Mina chuckles. Jeongyeon gulps the lump in her throat, that's all that she can do right now.

"Jeongyeon, Jeongyeon Jeongyeon. I didn't know that you are mute? Don't make me look like a fool here, talking to myself?" The younger one walks slowly in a circular way.

"Are you really Mi-Mina?" Jeongyeon finally spoke nervously. Mina looks at her surprised at what Jeongyeon asks, "can't you believe that it's me? look at me, I didn't change a bit, right? to be honest, it's funny that I fooled everyone so easily that I'm not Mina."

Mina can see that the older one is still in disbelief, "okay, for another proof." She sighs and crosses her arms and faced the older one.

"I am Myoui Mina, the one you've betrayed because of your stupid feelings for Nayeon. The one that you told everyone dead, which is I found very clever. There are so many proofs that I can say to prove that I am Mina, from our college days, the disappearance of the money of the company, your gift to us, and many more. I just can't say it all in just in front of you, I want to spill that all in front of Nayeon and everyone that you've tricked." She finished with a smirk on her face.

Jeongyeon left dumbfounded by what Mina said, "I-I'm sorry." Those words feel so soothing yet so disgusting at the same time for Mina. She has to admit that she's been waiting for those two words to come out of Jeongyeon's mouth, but, why is it feel like it's not bearable to her now.

"I'm really sorry, please forgive me!" The older one is starting to tear up, but Mina didn't even look bothered by the crying lady in front of her.

Kneeling, crying and pleading are all that can Jeongyeon do right now. "Ah, Jeong." Mina grunts, the truth is, she doesn't have any idea what to do to Jeongyeon. She finally confronted her, but, what's the next step?

Is she going to forgive her that fast?

"I badly want you to suffer in jail." Jeongyeon stops on crying when she heard what Mina said. Jeongyeon looks petrified, just imagining the place in jail makes her faint.

"No... please don't do that! I'm begging you, please!"

"Yes I will do that, no one can stop me, Jeong. I've promised for revenge, and now I'm here to uphold my promise."

Silence trailed in between the two, Jeongyeon is hesitating to run away from Mina.

"Mi-Mina," Jeongyeon called for her while her head is still low. Mina looks at her indicating that she's listening, then Jeongyeon looks at her. "I know I made a big mistake in everything here, I messed up. I felt so sorry, and I know to myself that, the word sorry ain't will be enough to make everything all right. Mina, if going to jail will make you feel good, go and take me there." Jeongyeon says firmly as she looks up to face Mina properly.

Mina can say that Jeongyeon is sincere for every single word that she said, but she can feel something's off here. She can't say what's wrong, but she can feel it. It feels somehow a deja vu for her too.

This feeling that can't explain, she felt this before. But, she can't figure it out.

"But Mina, before anything else, can I call someone for a sec?" The younger one is hesitant to let Jeongyeon have a call. She nods, and Jeongyeon mouthed her a thank you.

When Jeongyeon is already far away from her spot, she gets her cellphone from her pocket and dialed a familiar number.

Momo: Yow, what's up?