Chapter 21: At Last

Five months passed

"Babe, do you think that Jamie and Landon deserve to be separated from each other?"

"Why are you asking that hmm?" Mina looks at her girlfriend confusedly. "I just want to know your thoughts about it." Nayeon snuggles closer to Mina's neck.

The younger one brings back her sight to the television where the movie is currently playing. She's thinking about the answer to her girlfriend's question. "Maybe they don't."

"Maybe?" Nayeon receives a nod from the girl sitting next to her. "For me, maybe they don't deserve to be separated and maybe they deserve it too." Now, it's Nayeon's turn to get confused.

"Wanna know why? In technically speaking, Landon is a piece of shit." Mina said proudly, but her proud smile disappear when Nayeon gave her a solid slap on her arm. "Wae?!" Mina continuously rubs her arm.

"Ooh, it's been a while since I heard you speak in Korean. By the way, you're so mean to Landon! You deserve my slap." The bunny teeth girl smiles gleefully, Mina just rolled her eyes. "Don't you remember what I told you about Landon and me? I told you that I can relate to him, it's like he resembles me too, although we didn't look like each other." Mina laughs but Nayeon just glares at her.

"Yeah, of course, I remember that. I won't be able to forget that time when you cry in front of me while telling me  your story." Mina plant a light kiss on the older one's forehead.

Silence occupied their atmosphere, Nayeon is just looking at Mina while smiling. "What's with the face huh?" Mina pinched Nayeon's cheek.

"I just still can't believe that you're finally here with me. Alive and breathing while sitting next to me, this still feels like a dream." Her eyes are halfway to tearing up.

"Keep this in mind, babe. All of these are not a dream anymore," Mina smiles and tuck a strand of hair from Nayeon's face and put it behind her ear. "You keep seeing me waking up every morning next to you, right?" Nayeon nods in response.

"You keep on having my morning kisses. You keep seeing me preparing our breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You keep on hearing my sermons every time you're not eating on time and many more." Mina makes a move to get something from the drawer next to the couch.

A book is now on Mina's hand, Nayeon gasps in excitement because it's the book that she's waiting to have. Mina handed the book to her, "supposedly, I will give that to you after our party four years ago. But everything happens and it is completely lost in my mind."

"I kept that all these years because I know that this moment where you and me, will be given a chance to be together again. I never lose hope, and now you're here with me and I'll make sure that I will cherish this moment for always." Mina sighs.

Nayeon noticed that there's something different from the way Mina speaks right now. "Hey, open the book from page five."

Confusion is all that can Nayeon feel and think, but she obeys what Mina said anyway. She looks at the said page and saw a small piece of paper that is cut in a fancy shape and design. The word "Thank You" is written on the paper.

When Mina saw that Nayeon saw the paper, she began to speak. "First word is Thank You. I want to say thank you to God because he gave me the greatest gift that has ever been given to me. And to you too, thank you for coming into my life. You bring the color that made everything from pale to vividly clear."

Mina orders her to turn the book's page to page ten, and another paper is there. The word "Love" is written.

"Second is, Love. Some said that love is a funny thing, right? But for me, it is the most romantic and genuine thing in this world."