Ch. 7 - Deeper

As soon as you exited the restroom, using the back of your hand to wipe your mouth, you made sure to distance yourself from Naoya as quickly as possible while still finding your friends.
As you passed by the table that Gojo was seated at with his date you found it to be empty. Your eyes continued to scan the bar but came up unsuccessful. He had clearly left with his date. 

You refused to feel defeated because of his snarky comments in the bathroom. You had successfully rattled him and you took pride in that. You didn't know why you felt the need to rattle him in the first place, but it was what it was. 

At the end of the night, you found some other stranger to go all the way with - taking an Uber back to their place. This particular partner was not from Kyoto, so you were able to take advantage of this one not finding you again, a hotel being your domicile for the night.
It wasn't anything spectacular, just something you did on an average weekend for fun before returning to another drab work week. It was actually a great stress reliever, being able to pour your body's stresses into someone else. 

When the morning came, as you usually would, you'd slip back into your clothes and slink out of the room - the person lying on their stomach in bed none the wiser to your disappearance with no way to contact you. 
You made your way down into the lobby, not caring that you were carrying your heels and walking completely barefoot on the cold, marble floor.

You stopped by the small dining area of the hotel, sitting down to slip your shoes on your feet for the travel home. You sighed loudly to yourself and leaned back in the chair after putting them on, giving your body a minute to adjust to the sunlight that came in through the large windows after quite a night of mischief.
When your eyes fluttered open, gaze straight ahead toward the continental breakfast that was laid out, you spotted that stupid crop of white hair again. He was busy putting pastry after pastry on a plate three times too small, one even stuck in his mouth. 

"You've got to be kidding me," you groaned to yourself, standing up and hoping to slink away without being noticed.

"Y/N?" You heard his voice from across the way. 

You turned around carefully with a painful smile on your face. "Hey..." your voice trailed off and you refused eye contact.

"What are you doing here?" He laughed with a grin, lips covered in powdered sugar as he took a bite from the jelly-filled pastry he had stuck in his mouth. "Are you following me?" He questioned with his mouth full, using a finger to point at you - that same hand also holding said pastry. 

"No," you pinched the bridge of your nose, "I came back with someone from the bar," you lazily motioned upstairs and proceeded to place both hands on your hips as if you were waiting for him to ask another stupid question.

"What a coincidence!" He exclaimed a bit too loud for your comfort. "Me too!" He loved that he could see that he got under your skin. It was suddenly becoming a back and forth between you, kind of like an inside joke that only he enjoyed.

"Alright, well, I'd better get going. It was nice seeing you for the hundredth time in two days," you nodded your way out, beginning to walk away. "We'll talk later about the next time I need you as a boyfriend."

"Was it Naoya?" He asked seriously despite you clearly walking away to end the conversation. You stopped dead in your tracks. "Was it him?" He repeated, licking his lips to clear them of the sugar.

"N-no," you shook your head and quickly continued to turn and leave before he could ask any more uncomfortable questions. What does he care? You thought.

You hurried onto the sidewalk, wanting to just get home to clean up and rest before the upcoming work week.
As you pushed through others on the tight sidewalks your mind couldn't resist wandering. You replayed what happened a few moments ago, the way he so seriously asked if you had ended up sleeping with his co-sorcerer. What does he even care? You asked yourself again.