Ch. 9 - Cold

You had slunk to the restroom, cautiously cracking the door to find the living area completely dark and Fushiguro's door shut tight for the night. With the coast clear, you continued to do your business before returning to the master bedroom.

When you returned, Gojo was sitting up in bed with the lights off. The only thing illuminating him was the large television that hung on the wall in front of the bed and the phone he was scrolling through in his hands. He was shirtless but still wearing his sunglasses, his eyes the bane of his existence most days.
You stood frozen at the doorway, feeling somehow bashful to take your place on the other half of his bed though you agreed to share just moments ago.

"Hey," he looked up from his phone once he noticed your presence. "You gonna' come sit?" He asked, patting the mattress next to him.

"Yeah," you snapped out of your anxious daze and joined him, the mattress big enough to put ample space between you.

You slid under the covers and stared straight at the television, some late-night infomercial playing. You sat like that for a few awkward moments, realizing you had left your cell phone back in Kyoto.
Without turning your head, you moved your eyes too look at him. His profile was unfortunately stunning. You continued to secretly stare as you reflected on the previous session, how strangely intimate it had become.

"Oh," he mumbled, "I got some of these." He reached to his end table and tossed a box into your lap. It was the prevention he had mentioned earlier. He also grabbed a glass of water he had gotten, already half drank.

"Thanks," you muttered back, quickly removing the pills from their aluminum and swallowing.

Despite your intimacy, you couldn't figure out what was causing the sudden distance. Little did you know, Gojo was fully aware of his cool demeanor. He was doing it on purpose.
But that was to be expected. One night stands were supposed to be just that. Any more and the miscommunication starts to set in, at least from what Gojo had found to be true. He had allowed himself to fly to close to the sun this night. He couldn't allow it to happen again.

"Are you sure you're cool with me moving in?" You asked cautiously while handing back the glass.

"Yeah, definitely. Like I said, Megumi's out in a few weeks. You'll have a room to yourself, everyone will be none the wiser." Gojo said quietly while still scrolling through his phone. "We can continue our normal lives, just under the same roof."

"By normal you mean seeing other people," you asked directly, now turning your head to look at him.

"Sure, that's one of the things," he shrugged, again without looking at you.

You felt hurt by the lack of attention but knew that you shouldn't, so you kept quiet and slipped further under the covers - turning your body away from him to sleep. You suddenly just wanted this game to be over with, the truth to come out no matter how embarrassed you'd be.
Over time, you allowed sleep to take you. You were at least appreciative of the comfy bed and calming atmosphere. You were also appreciative of the fact that you could finally move from your childhood bedroom even if it was only temporary.

The morning light was more than abrupt when coming in through the large windows. A headache quickly woke you from your slumber, eyes peeling open slowly so your pupils could adjust to the light.
You were about to stretch out your body only to feel pressure around your waist. You turned your head back to find Gojo's in close proximity, his head nestled into the crook of your neck from behind. His body completely encapsulated yours and you realized he had you in quite a lock.
As your body slightly moved to try and free itself, his grip only tightened, a slight grumbling sound from his sleeping form. You laughed and rolled your eyes while still trying to slip from his strong grasp.