Ch. 8 - Moving

As soon as dinner was over, you flitted back to your room as quickly as possible. You just wanted to escape any more conversation with your father.
You curled up on your bed and brought out your phone, the glowing light a bit too close to your face as usual as you laid in the growing darkness. Just as you unlocked your phone you noticed a notification from your fabricated boyfriend:

𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
In the quiet alone of your room, you allowed your heart to flutter just a bit to the pet name. You slept with him for a reason, you thought, no need to shy away from the fact that he is hot.

𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝...
You texted back, hoping he'd get the subtle hostility toward calling you pet names.

𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝😉

𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝.
While you weren't necessarily opposed on the inside, you didn't want to give him the gratification of knowing you'd willingly sleep with him again. For all you cared, that last time at the restaurant was it. As soon as this jig was up, you'd be able to part ways and never see one another again.

𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚒 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍? 𝚐𝚎𝚎𝚣

𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎
You gave in. He just had to guilt trip you.

After just a few moments, he had warped to your room. He didn't like to admit it, but the constant warping to such a far distance tired him out - especially doing it so much lately. It consumed quite a bit of cursed energy. He was lucky to have not run into any curses or curse users to need his technique at one hundred percent.

"What are you doing in the dark?" He noted, looking around as you slowly sat up.

"I'm just relaxing," you answered literally, now sitting cross-legged on your mattress. He joined by just sitting on the edge of your bed, body turned toward you. The only thing you could see in the dark was his white hair.

You used your phone to turn on the lights, the bulbs in your room those smart lights that could be controlled remotely.
As soon as you could see, the first thing you noticed was how comfy he looked just wearing a cotton t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. He even neglected to wear shoes, opting for just socks. You didn't blame him. If he can just warp wherever, why bother?

"So, about our little...situation," he started, "I was thinking about some things."

"Oh really?" You lifted your brow in curiosity. "I have also been thinking about some things. Do tell."

"I ran into Yaga today while picking up Megumi, this kid I live with," you wanted badly to ask what kid, but let him continue, "and I guess your grandfather was calling him repeatedly to complain about me!" He chuckled.

"Wow, good job, I guess," you laughed with him, "the outcome is coming up swell."

"Right! And, well, Megumi continued asking about you..." he scratched the back of his head, whatever he was about to say was difficult for him. "And, I mean, we told everyone that we've been dating for two years. That's..."

"A long time," you finished for him. "My dad brought that up at dinner tonight, wondering why we haven't moved in together already since my company is based in Tokyo."

"Wow, okay, so then what I'm about to say won't be weird!" He smiled wide.

"That depends," you narrowed your vision, waiting impatiently for him to continue.