Ch. 11 - Wake

"Wh-what?" Gojo couldn't believe what he heard. "How? What happened?" You looked so weak in his arms, he hated that he just bombarded you with questions.

"It...it was a curse beyond his grade," you muttered while staring straight ahead, your mind fogging over. "It...got him."

"Do you...need anything?" Gojo asked hesitantly. "Is there anything I can do?" He wasn't sure how to navigate your emotions being unfamiliar with anything too deep from someone he didn't want to cross lines with.

"Can you get me back to Kyoto?" You looked up at him with tears welling up in your eyes. "Back to the campus where my grandfather is?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "yeah, of course."

The two of you parted for just a moment to ready yourselves, put something on that wasn't basically pajamas. The minute you were ready, Gojo didn't hesitate to warp you back to the Kyoto school. 
The two of you walked quickly to Gakuganji's office where he was somberly waiting for you. As soon as you entered he gently looked up at you, no snide remark or anything about Gojo's presence.

"Ojisan..." you whimpered, walking further into the office and collapsing onto the sofa next to him to lean on his shoulder. He softly patted your head as you cried into him.

Gojo stood awkwardly at the doorway, unsure of how to respond. Gakuganji stared at him calmly for once, no energy to belittle or challenge him. Gojo had felt this kind of grief before, losing someone so incredibly close. He may not have liked your grandfather, but he knew his place in this situation. 

"Y/N..." Gakuganji spoke, lifting you from his shoulder, "tomorrow night will be the wake and funeral the day after."

"Alright," you wiped some stray tears from your eyes using your long sleeves. Gojo quickly took action, just to be there for you in some form or fashion, by grabbing the tissue box that sat on Gakuganji's desk across the way. You took a few from the box and Gojo set it down next to you just in case. 

"For these few days, you can stay here if you'd like. I had one of the dorm rooms reserved." It was clear that it was just for you seeing as the dorms only had twin-sized beds. "And if you need a place to stay after the funeral, you are more than welcome to stay with me."

"Thank you, Ojisan," you stood up and lightly bowed, sniffling a bit. "But I'll be staying with Satoru." You looked back at your "boyfriend" who gave a gentle smile in regard to your decision. 

Gakuganji moved his lips distastefully, wanted desperately to say something, but he knew better at the current moment. "The offer will always be here for you, Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow night."

"See you then," you bowed once more and exited his office. 

Gojo was about to exit with you when Gakuganji called out to him. You went on ahead while Gojo stayed behind, closing the door behind you.

"I don't know if what you're doing with my granddaughter is serious or not," Gakuganji began without looking at the limitless sorcerer. "Either way, this is a difficult time for my family and I'd appreciate it if you kept your antics to a minimum. If you truly are in love with her, these few days would be a great time to show it. And if you aren't, it's a good time to pretend for her." His voice was hostile as he addressed Gojo.

"Yeah, I know," Gojo said lowly, trying to keep his hands from balling into fists from the accusations. "Trust me, I'll make sure Y/N is taken care of."

"You'd better..." Gakuganji threatened, lifting his brow to reveal a wide-eye while snapping his head in Gojo's direction. 

"See ya' later, oji-chan" Gojo waved in dismissal as he turned and exited.