Ch. 17 - Confessions

"Because I love you..." you answered confidently though your voice shook. Your hands were still flat on his chest, and at this point you could feel his heart beating stronger than it was before from under your palm. 

Gojo was completely frozen, looking down at you with his jaw slightly agape. He had no idea what to say. It was suddenly coming to fruition, the one thing both of you were avoiding for all of these months. It was as if the Fates were bringing you together.

"Can you say something?" You asked after the prolonged silence. You were worried that your fake fight that quickly escalated to something real may have ruined everything. "Please?"

"Come with me," he quickly grabbed one of your wrists and began dragging you down the hallway.

"Hey! Where are you taking me?!" You protested while being quickly shuffled into another meeting room down the hall. "Gojo!" You shouted at him impatiently as finished locking the door.

He turned to you with quite a look that was a mix of completely feral and completely enamored. You stood frozen in front of him, meeting his stare with a look of worry seeing that you had no context to his emotions. 
You didn't fully understand his intentions until he stormed toward you and smashed his lips to yours, backing you up until you fell down on the conference table behind you. 

His body found its way between your legs as he cradled your neck to keep you from fully falling backward, the other hand carefully on your waist as his tongue slid past your lips. You gave a small whimper at the feeling of his rough tastebuds against your own, your body relaxing into the kiss as he continued. 
After a few more seconds, he pulled away from you - his sparkling, blue eyes were filled with large pupils for once. A small smile grew on his lips as you looked at him like a deer in headlights.

He then leaned forward, lips brushing against your ear as he slowly and steadily whispered, "I love you, too."
His low, husky voice sent chills down your spine and cause your heart to go haywire. 

He came back up to make eye contact again, your gently palm finding his cheek to which he nuzzled toward as his face turned a light shade of pink.

"I...have to go monitor the exchange event," he mumbled, now stepping away from you. You were only slightly disappointed after thinking you were about to fuck in the conference room, but you determined that it wouldn't be very right to have sex on school grounds.

"Right," you fixed yourself and got off of the table.

"You can go back to my place and wait for me there," he offered. "You still have my key, right?" You nodded in response to his question. "I'd love it if you could be there when I get home, I'd like to continue this...conversation."

"O-okay..." you stuttered as you watched him leave, mind completely jumbled with what had just happened.

You made your way back to Gojo's, not having been there since you officially moved into your new apartment the week prior.
As soon as you entered, a wave of nostalgia hit from seeing the place itself to the warm aura it gave off and even to the light scent of Gojo's cologne that he always sprayed too much of. You hadn't realized it until you walked in - just how much you missed being there.

With nothing better to do, you simply waited for Gojo to come home by watching television and scrolling about on your phone - feeling completely at home. You weren't sure when the exchange event would conclude, but you felt completely at peace watching the sun begin to set from the floor to ceiling windows you had missed so much.
You eventually grew tired and fell asleep on the sofa, curled into a little ball as the television played in the background.