Prologue

It was a sunny day in Musutafu CityMany people living in this city spent time outside their home, making sure to enjoy the good weather as best as they could by either spending time with their friends or family or just going on a long lone walks through the city. Unfortunely not every resident of this city could enjoy the good weather. A dark green haired boy with a messy hair and freckles on his face and a Japanese-American boy with a short h/c hair were one of those people.

The two boys were frightened as a group of other boys around their age ganged up on them in the middle of the playground. A green haired boy was standing in front of the dark haired boy, his clenched hands raised in the air as his legs shook out of fear. The dark haired boy behind him had his face pressed against his knees as he sobbed into them, waiting for the group of bullies to leave him alone.

"Why are you being so mean? You're making him cry, Kacchan!" The green haired boy whimpered out to his friend turned bully Katsuki Bakugo, tears forming in his eyes as he raised his fists in a defensive manner, "If you will keep on hurting him, I-I'll stop you myself!"

"You want to pretend to be a hero again." Bakugo smiled viciously at him as he smashed his hands together, igniting a small explosion in his right hand, the two boys behind him activating their own Quirks, showing them off the the two boys in front of them. "You don't stand a chance without a Quirk, Deku."

The said "Deku" flinched in fear when the three bullies moved towards him and the other boy, but didn't move out of the way and remained where he stood, even though he was completely terrified. It wasn't long before Deku ended on the ground, bruised. His eyes stared blankly at the sky. The bullies left the playground a while ago, leaving him with the crying boy.

His eyes wandered to the side when the boy from earlier appeared on his right. The unknown boy who had tears marks going down from his e/c eyes to his cheeks held his hand out to him, shaking as if he feared Deku doing something to him for taking the beating for him, "T-Thank you for standing up for me. I'm sorry for not doing anything to help you. If I had Quirk then maybe I wouldn't be so powerless against everyone!"

Deku grabbed his hand and allowed the other boy to bring him back on his feet, "It's alright! Don't blame yourself for not having a Quirk! I will show to everyone that Quirks aren't everything, because I want to become a hero!"

The unknown boy looked at him with a suprised look on his face, "A hero? I thought you were Quirkless..."

"I am Quirkless!" Deku confirmed to be Quirkless to the other boy, "But I still want to become a hero. It is my dream! I want to be the kind of a hero who saves people with a smile on his face! Like All Might! He always has a smile on his face, no matter how bad the situation is!"

The unknown boy stayed silent, still looking suprised by the boy in front of him wishing to be a hero, despise being Quirkless. The people around him must have been lead to believe that it was impossible to become one without a Quirk.

"I'm sorry. I don't think I've told you my name. My name is Midoriya Izuku!" Deku introduced himself to him as Izuku Midoriya as he held his hand out to him, "What's your name?"

The boy shifted his gaze between Izuku's eyes and hand, seeming to be a little confused by his kindness. He slowly reached out and grabbed Izuku's hand into his, before giving it a shake, a slight smile forming on his face as he did so, "I'm L/N Y/N."

-----

All men are not created equal.

Y/N L/N learned it the hard way when he was a few year old child.