10| Quite a Scare

"Give it back."

Jeongin's voice rung besides his ear, a little hoarse as it sounded. Deep silence had collapse around them, only the hisses from the running water was singing in silver across the echoing walls.

"I remember locking the door" Hyunjin said expressionlessly to the mirror.

He heard the younger scoffed afterwards, showing a grind sneer. "If a cop can corrupt a door opened, I'm sure a tyrant like you is able to understand why i can do it in five seconds" he said calmly.

Hearing this, a mysterious smile came rushing its way to the edge of Hyunjin lips. His adam's apple bobbed slowly against the sharp knife.

"And here i thought that you were just some goody-two-shoes. I'm impressed,"

He continued,

"Just a moment ago i remember how helpless and fragile you looked on the floor."

He took a glance at the real guy that was currently threatening his neck with a knife rather than from the mirror. However, the boy's eyes stayed still on the mirror, his expression solemn.

"Cut the crap. You know what you stole. Give it back to me and i'll scram"

The older leisurely turned his head back to the front, secretly leaving the one behind him confused at how composedly carefree he looked despite being held in a situation like this. Though, that was the one thing that creeped him out even more.

"Okay." He said softly, "Withdraw the knife first it's really use-"

"No." Jeongin cut him off indifferently. "Listen, alright. I will not hesitate to kill you" he pressed.

Think it was that easy for him to convince? It'd take seven cursed years with two thousand five hundred and fifty-five witching nights for him to watch someone agreeing to that without any objections.

While thinking this, Jeongin suddenly felt the shoulders that were as calm as the river in his hold before finally stiffened out of the blue.

"I understand." , "It's here, just..please spare my life."

Surprisingly, he saw that Hyunjin didn't continue to persuade him any further when his eyebrows furrowed in sudden realization.

The plead was begged with a troubled expression as his pupils constructed violently in obvious fear. He could only obediently slithered his pale white hand that seemed to be shaking under his blazer to fetch an item.

Jeongin was surprised at first, but pleased with the reaction with a huge emotion of relief.

It was all just a mere threat. He didn't acknowledge Hyunjin as anyone when he didn't even know who this person actually was, therefore he just threw the empty threat out.

He never intended to kill, nor did he has ever put himself in a situation like this before. His delicate hands were fairly pure and clean, there was no trace of blood and roaring souls trapped in those soft palms. And he wanted them to stay that way as well.

Thus, he felt a little at ease.

However, the pleasant surprise soon turned into a painful heart shock when he saw that it was a gun that was being pulled out from under the red cloth, the movement was fast as lightning, and smooth as an eel.

'Idiot.'

By the time he widened his eyes, it was already too late. The tip of the gun had successfully landed onto his right temple.

The arm that was once powerful and had the shining knife was now being overlapped by another unfamiliar demeanor hand that had a gun as its proudest accessory.