14| An Unexpected Reunion

"Sir, are you in there? may i come in?"

The man behind the door sounded. Listening to it, the voice appeared a little deep, mildly warm for the ears to hear with the touch of an attractive charm entangled around the it the moment it escaped.

Jeongin didn't recognize the identity of the voice.

He calmly lifted the curtain of his lashes to look at Chan to know if it was already the time for him to leave as if he wasn't needed there anymore, but the older didn't seem to have that option for him.

"Yes, you may"

The door abruptly creaked opened after the rustles from the doorknob being twisted ended. Walking in, footsteps were filling up the whole room that still had the aromatic sandalwood essence flying around in the thin air.

The man walked closer and closer towards Chan's table. Although he was confused about who the other young man that was sitting so casually in front of his leader, he restraint himself from asking.

"Beomgyu. You've finally come back after the auction, hm?"

"Er, yes. Apologies, i'm here to greet you after the sudden off days i took. I actually planned on coming back after the event had ended, but there was some problems"

Out of the blue, the blond haired Jeongin instantly become alerted the moment he heard the mentioned name. His head whipped rather quickly in order to look anonymous male that was currently still standing besides his chair, inches away in distance.

However, he didn't seem to fully recognize the face despite the sudden embrace of deja vu he got.

The man black clad man was standing proudly tall, his skin was light, complementing the ebony hair he had on the neck length. A pair of peach blossom eyes were resting across his face with glimmering shines attended in those dark pupils.

Beomgyu was aware of the sudden action, naturally he'd glance at the other party as a comeback. But once he did, he furrowed his brows deeply until he eventually rotated his feet to face him properly.

Watching this, Chan was both stunned and confused. "Oh? What's the matter here?" He asked.

But none of them replied the question, so Chan could only sighed and waited with a soft smile while proceeding to put his right cheek in one of his palms.

"You...your face, it's very familiar to me"

Beomgyu commented in an unsure tone, his face slightly tilted to one side just when he got more confused while staring at Jeongin.

On the other hand, Jeongin stayed in his timid silence. Despite that there really was a faint familiarity which even he himself felt, he still didn't completely fathom the face in front of him.

It was only the name that took him by surprise, but he knew that a name was not created for one mere soul only. Considerating, he asked in a soft tone,

"what's your surname?"

"Choi. Choi Beomgyu"

With these three words, a sincere smile slowly made its way up on Jeongin's lips, strongly perching there like a bird which found its own branch to call home.

It was also this smile that finally confirmed something in Beomgyu's doubt. His eyes widened, but he couldn't say anything.

It only allowed Jeongin to speak again, he slowly rose up from his seat to stand up for the other latter.

"It's..Yang Jeongin, your childhood friend- yes. Beomgyu, you've grown a lot"

He paused, letting out awkward coughs.