21| Eyes, Yes.

Chan and Yuwon's focus automatically drifted off towards the opened door. The commotion of it being opened wide sounded almost like a hushed whisper, as if it was holding back hundreds of different nerves that trembled under one secured mind.

The opening of the oak wooden door had welcomed a shadow. Its figure was timid and if one were to look, it didn't look like it was created by any gallant characters.

The shadow walked inside silently.

It had turned out that this person wasn't at his comfort when his little sense didn't fail to take a notice at the familiar scent of Yuwon's presence.

Thus when the moment he vaguely landed his eyes on the said male, his shoulders flinched with both disdain and light cautious.

"Jeongin? You're here? what a pleasant, it's good to see you again"

Chan said. His voice was as gentle as the blooming flower that amiably greeted its other kind, borrowing the remedy of the unseen air threads around it to move delicately with its waves.

His smile on the other hand never intended to drop off from the lips, which subconsciously softened Jeongin's tense face without even him being awared of it.

"Yes."

The younger replied shortly with a nod.

Although the previously tensed muscles on his face had relaxed to let go of the soreness, his eyes were still moving restlessly.

At times, he'd darted his focus on Chan, the next second, those black eyes of his would trail down the empty ground.

It was not an obvious body language. Though, being sharp enough to feel the surrounding around him, Yuwon saw through him easily.

With a smile, he said,

"Well hello there, Yang. Aren't you a little jumpy today?"

Jeongin gave him an ugly glare, but very soon lowered down the insolences with submissiveness peeking from the tiny pupils when he saw Yuwon slowly walked towards his direction.

The younger blond watched the man's slender legs slowly approaching him. The hands that were fidgeting with its own fingers had already formed an angry fist as his eyes turned dark.

However, out of the blue, Yuwon's steps eventually stopped with a halt that appeared awkwardly stiff and eerily unnatural.

Confused and curious.

The feeling was exactly just like the spiky grass that would linger around a naked body; Jeongin felt extremely uncomfortable. In the end, he decided to avert his gaze high only to be welcomed by two vile bloodthirsty eyes.

Jeongin flinched, although he already realized that the stare was not aimed to him but rather at what was behind him, cautiousness was still overtaking his control that he unconsciously staggered a step back.

"Mr. Gwan, something's in your eyes? They're looking very..very, ugly right now. Ah, i know. Get them checked out, i'm a bit worried"

A bitter sweet voice echoed the whole room, filling it up with an awful toxicant mocking undertone that was loud and clear with no concealment.

Chan heaved a sigh.

"Hyunjin."

He called out in a stern voice, looking at the mentioned male who was leaning against the door frame with a carefree sly smile that never learned to vanish.

Chan was about to say more than just calling out a name-- a demand for Hyunjin to wait outside since the situation was no different from the act of putting two demonic wolves in a steel cage with a piece of blood soaked meat stranded on the floor.