Nine.

"Harry love, please put on a nicer shirt," Anne frets as she glances at her son. He's wearing his favourite band shirt that has holes in it. He looks down at himself with a pout and back up at his mom who's wearing a bright sundress.

"I like this shirt," Harry argues and Anne tuts as she moves forward to gently grab at the material.

"You may love it, but I don't. Please change for me," she tries again and Harry sighs but turns on his heel to walk back inside. Robins setting everything on plates to being outside and looks up when Harry enters.

"Need to change?" He questions with an amused smile.

"Yup. I think my shirt is fine," Harry whines and Robin laughs as he goes back to his task.

"Me too, but women know best," Robin throws out. Harry rolls his eyes as Robin chuckles and he moves to the stairs and jogs up them. His mother has practically invited the whole town and Harry's just not that excited. Louis still hasn't confirmed nor denied if he was coming yet and the thought leaves Harry nervous. He really wants that boy here.

He changes into a basic light blue shirt and then ambles back down to where his parents are. His mother looks happy as she looks at their large yard set up nicely on the spring day. Harry wishes she'd finally get a pool so they could stop theses events.

"Zayn's family will be here soon. That colour is lovely on you," she approves as she walks inside. Harry watches through the tiny kitchen window as his parents share a sweet kiss and he smiles softly. At least after everything his family is still together.

Harry moves to one of the tables and kicks his feet up on another chair as he grabs a handful of chips from a bowl. Zayn texted him 10 minutes ago saying he'd be here in 10 minutes so it's no surprise when someone pushes his feet down.

"Your mother would have your head if she saw you doing that," Zayn laughs brightly. His eyes sparkle and the red colour of his shirt looks hot with his complexion. Harry checks him out again and smirks when he sees Zayn cross his arms and huff. "Don't look at me like that, Styles. You look like you want to eat me."

"Maybe I do," Harry grins with a suggestive eyebrow wiggle and Zayn throws his head back in laughter before plopping down in the chair Harrys feet were once in.

"This is why I love you. Anyone from school coming?" Zayn asks and Harry bites his lip before shrugging.

"Maybe Louis Tomlinson. I heard the Horan's might be coming too, but isn't that Niall kid away at boarding school?" Harry questions.

"Yeah. He's been there since freshman year. Maybe he's coming back," Zayn supplies and Harry frowns as he looks at the ground.

"Not a good time to come back. Everything's been flipped upside down," Harry mutters as Chad once again pops up in his mind. His chest tightens with longing and his eyes prick with tears.

"Not to today! Today is about making your mom happy and being happy. The sun is shining, you look adorable and your dad makes great food," Zayn cheers. Harry forces a small smile on his face and nods to let his friend know he understands. His phone vibrates in his pocket and he's thankful for the distraction.

From Louis: what time is it at? Can I just come now?

Harry smiles like an idiot at the text and his fingers quickly tap out a reply because he wouldn't mind Louis coming now.

To Louis: now would be good. Just let yourself in the back.

Harry sends the message off quick and Zayn just shakes his head when Harry glances back up at him.

"What?" Harry asks innocently and Zayn just smiles more.

"Thank god someone could make you smile," his all he replies and Harry blushes but doesn't say a word.

People start to enter his yard and Harry smiles politely as they come over to greet him. His mother shines as she talks to their neighbours and other people from her work. Harry watches as Robin laughs with other men as they barbecue and young children play tag on the grass. It's nice to see such happiness after the storm of sadness filled their hearts.

Their gate opens again and in walks Louis Tomlinson. His jeans sit perfectly on his hips and his tank top shows off his tan skin. His hair looks fluffy and soft and his face shows nerves that just don't look right. Harry smiles instantly at the sight and walks straight to him.

"Hey," he whispers and Louis just smiles his happy smile where his eyes crinkle and his teeth are on show.

"Hey. Sorry I took so long," Louis apologizes and Harry just shakes his head.

"It's fine. You're here now. Um, there's food if you're hungry..." Harry trails off awkwardly and Louis just continues to smile at him like he's the reason the sun shines.

"I'm starved," Louis tells him and Harry just nods as he leads the boy over to the big table. Louis grabs a plate and starts to place everything on it. Harry follows behind him and picks and chooses what he likes.

"Picky eater?" Louis laughs as he watches Harry scrunch his nose at his plate.

"Little bit. I like food that looks good," Harry admits and Louis laughs with a shake of his head. Harry brings them back to his and Zayns table - Zayn is gone now though - and they both sit next to each other. They eat in silence and Louis continually tries to get Harry to try new foods. Harry whines the whole time and shakes his head, but Louis always manages to get him to eat.

"This is a dessert! You can't tell me you don't like that," Louis laughs. Harry purses his lips and shakes his head.

"It's yellow," he points out and Louis rolls his eyes and eats the spoonful. His eyes go wide and soon he's spitting it out into his napkin.

"Gross. Don't eat that," Louis mumbles and Harry laughs loudly.

"Told you! Didn't I tell you?" Harry continues to snicker and Louis rolls his eyes.

"Shut up. You were right about one thing," Louis tells him and Harry crosses his arms.

"I was right about the soup too," he states and Louis rolls his eyes again.

"You were right about two things. So smart," Louis scoffs and Harry just smiles wide.

"Someone doesn't like being wrong," Harry teases.

"I'm never wrong," Louis argues and Harrys going to rebuttal, but the sun shines bright at that moment and Louis appears to be glowing and Harry can't find his voice because the boy sitting next to him looks like an angel. "You okay?"

"Me? Yeah. Sorry," Harry rushes out, his cheeks now pink. He can't think of Louis like that. Chad is his love and he feels awful for even looking at another boy like that, but that boy is Louis and Louis is so lovely.

"Why are they here?" Louis' voice raises in distress and Harry turns to see Chads parents awkwardly talking to his. His heart beat picks up and his palms start sweat and all he can think about his Chad.

"I need to talk to them," Harry blurts before jumping up from the table and going to them. Maybe they know more now. Maybe they have something of his. Maybe they can understand Harry for still loving him.

Harry is so busy in his thoughts of all that that he doesn't see Louis running from the place, tears in his eyes.