Twenty Two.

"Cats or dogs?" Louis asks. It's Saturday evening and the two are cuddled in Louis' room, just enjoying being with each other. Harry is watching the movie playing on the tv, his head in Louis' lap and Louis' fingers running through his hair.

"Uh, probably cats. Dogs are great too though," Harry answers softly. Louis makes a disgusted sound behind him and Harry turns his head slightly so he can look up at him from the corner of his eyes. "What?"

"Dogs are clearly better," Louis tells him and Harry gives him a face and rolls his eyes as he turns back around to watch the movie.

"Not at all, but enjoy your wrong opinion," Harry murmurs. Louis laughs and gently pulls his hair and Harry pinches his leg in return.

"You wouldn't own a dog with me?" Louis wonders and Harry smiles at just the idea and he shrugs his shoulders.

"I would, but like I'd prefer a cat," Harry explains and Louis sighs and his fingers are back to playing in his hair. Harry can feel himself almost purring at the feeling.

"Fair enough. Cupcakes or cake?" Louis asks and Harry laughs and turns to fully look up at the boy. Louis' fingers fall from his hair as Harry moves from his side to his back and he smiles up at his pretty almost-boyfriend.

"Cupcakes. They're more fun and cute," - Harry tells him - "Just like you," he coos as he pokes Louis' nose and Louis scrunches his nose and pulls his head away. Harry grins up at him and Louis tries to keep a straight face, but he ends up giggling and poking at Harry's dimple.

"I'm happy I got to know you," Louis whispers to him. Harry just grabs his hand and laces their fingers together. He closes his eyes in contentment and he feels safe and understood in Louis' presence.

"Me too. I think you're one of the best things to happen to me," Harry admits. He keeps his eyes closed and their hands that rest on Harry's stomach rise and fall as Harry breathes at an even pace.

"The rainbow at the end of the storm," Louis whispers and Harry snorts and peaks his eyes open.

"Rainbows cause we're gay?" Harry questions and Louis rolls his eyes, but a smile tugs at his lips.

"You're gay. I do in fact also like girls," Louis points out and Harry shrugs and closes his eyes again.

"Whatever. Just means I'm better than more people because I'm with you," Harry jokes and Louis laughs loudly at that and dips his head down to kiss Harry's lips.

"Can't argue with that," Louis mumbles as he pulls and Harry whines at the loss of contact. Louis' other hand finds its way back into Harry's hair and he starts to twirl and play with it again.

Harry loves this. He loves sitting with Louis and just talking. Louis doesn't get upset with things he says, Louis never raises his voice. Louis is everything Harry wanted Chad to be.

"So when I was at your house last your mom mentioned a boy," Harry starts. Louis hums and Harry again opens his eyes to see the boy watching the movie that Harry forgot about. "What happened?" Harry asks and Louis looks down at him and shrugs.

"Not much. We were good friends and I fell for him really hard and really fast and he just wasn't into boys. He stopped talking to me after I made a move on him and I was pretty upset, but Jeff was there to help me through it... After I just decided dating girls was easier," Louis explains. Harry can hear the sadness in Louis' voice when he brings up Jeff and it hurts him. He doesn't want Louis to be sad about him tonight. Instead he focuses on the love interest of the story and he furrows his brow and he sits up slightly.