Seventeen.

Harry lies on his back and watches as the clouds move to blanket the stars and then unveils them. The night is chilly, he can see his breath as it comes out evenly and he can hear Louis' small noises as his paints decorate the walls of the business tower.

"Aren't you scared there's cameras?" Harry asks and he hears some shuffling which he assumes is Louis turning around.

"Not really. Are you?" His soft voice replies and Harry smiles gently at just the sound of it.

"No. What if someone walks by?" Harry wonders and he hears a soft snort from Louis' direction.

"Who's up and roaming the streets at 4am?" Louis questions back and Harry shrugs.

"Us," he shoots back.

"Touché, but it's not a common thing," Louis reminds him. Harry just lets the silence fall over them again. He continues to watch the stars twinkle and his mind moves to school and Zayn and his family. He thinks about Louis occasionally too even though the boy is just a foot away, but Harry decides it's okay if he takes over his thoughts.

"Hey, what do you think?" Louis' voice brings Harry back to reality and he turns his head and sits up on his elbows to glance at Louis' latest masterpiece.

It's a dark night sky much like the one tonight. Stars twinkle and the moon is shown. There's words written in elegant cursive which throws Harry off because Louis' writing is actually shit. The quote is simple and Harry smiles when reading it "we come from the stars and like them we all shine".

"That's not that depressing," Harry points out and Louis just smiles and shrugs.

"I've been in a decent mood lately," he admits and it makes Harry's heart feel light when he hears it. He watches as Louis just throws him a quick smile before turning back to his stuff and carefully putting it all away. When they boy is down he stands up and Harry joins him, dusting off his jeans.

"Where to now?" Louis asks and Harry just bites his lip in thought as he takes Louis' tiny, paint spattered hand in his own.

"I don't know. We can just walk," Harry says and Louis just goes along with it. Their hands swing in between them as they walk around the deserted town and whisper to each other. It's like they're the only two in the whole world.

"Can I ask a personal question?" Louis murmurs and Harry hums in reply. Louis' warm fingers gently squeeze his as they walk and he gently bumps into him as he asks the question. "What did you love about him?"

Harry furrows his brow at the question and licks his lips in thought. Louis just watches patiently as Harry swallows thickly and opens his mouth slightly, smoke billowing in the air.

"I loved his brutal honesty. The way he would always say exactly what he thought. I also kind of hated that too. And I loved his smile. And the way he listened. The way he made me feel important and special. He always made me feel like I was the most important person to him," Harry whispers out. Louis' hand remains warm in his and he looks straight ahead as the words linger in the air.

"What did he love about you?" Louis then asks and Harry coughs awkwardly and shakes his head.

"Uhm, I don't know. He never really told me," Harry manages out.

"Wasn't he always brutally honest?"

"Yeah, but like he never said stuff like that. He just wasn't like that," Harry tells him.

"Well that's stupid. I think you should tell people why you like them," Louis grumbles and Harry finally looks over to him and smiles.

"Alright. Tell me why you like me, Louis Tomlinson," Harry grins.

"You're real," Louis replies instantly. "You never pretend to be something you're not or feel something you don't. You don't lie to me about what you're feeling or about how much you miss him or anything. I like that a lot about you. You never push me either. My family and teammates always try to get me to open up and you're okay just sitting with me and comforting me silently if I need it. It's quite nice having someone to just sit with."

Harry replays that answers over and over in his head. The way Louis so easily let the words fall off his tongue and it leaves him with a warm feeling in his gut.

"Yeah I like that about you too. And your creativity... And your eyes," Harry hums and Louis looks up and chuckles softly.

"My eyes?"

"Yeah your eyes. They're very blue and you can tell exactly how you feel through your eyes. You're an open book," Harry explains and Louis nods his head in thought and then shrugs and decides to leave the point without a comment.

The sky starts to lighten as they both continue to walk the empty streets. Exhaustion hits Harry hard and his eyes droop as Louis takes the lead and starts to walk them to a location. He knows exactly where he's going and Harry is surprised to see Louis' house sitting in front of them. Harry's never been in the house and his mind wakes up with curiosity.

"My parents won't care if you're over and my dad always makes the best breakfast," Louis whispers out. Harry just nods and follows like a puppy behind the smaller boy. The walk up the pathway and Louis just opens his front door and kicks off his shoes. Harry follows his lead and the Louis' taking him to a door that leads down to the basement.

"My room is the basement so like don't be creeped out by me taking you down here," Louis explains and Harry blames his sleep deprivation, but he bursts into giggles.

"Why would I be creeped out by that?" He continues to giggle and Louis shrugs and a smile fills his face.

"Basements are like notorious for being creepy and like rapey... I don't know ignore me," he blushes at the end and starts to walk away. Harry continues to laugh as he shuts the door and follows the boy down the stairway.

The bottom opens up to a large room with its own kitchenette. A couch sits in front of a television and a king sized bed fills one corner. Harry gawks at the large room and Louis just throws his shirt in a pile of clothes and moves to his bed.

"Come sleep," the blue eyed boy murmurs. There's a world map on his bed with pins in it and pictures hang from his walls. Harry wants to explore his desk and the paintings and everything really, but his body feels like it may collapse if he stands any longer. He shuffles across the room and just flops down onto the soft bed and Louis snorts as he pulls him to his chest and places a kiss to his forehead.

"Can I look around your room in the morning?" Harry murmurs.

"If you want. There's nothing great down here," Louis replies and Harry just moves closer to him and inhales the smell of Louis. It's everywhere and Harry finds so much comfort in that.

"It's a part of you so it's great to me," Harry tells him. He never gets a reply and he assumes from the way Louis' breathing is so even that the boy fell asleep. Harry also lets his eyes close and his mind wander off. For the first time in a long time he doesn't dream of Chad. His mind is full of another beautiful boy.