Twenty Three.

Harry's half asleep on Louis while they watch a movie with Zayn, Niall and Liam. Zayn and Liam are trying not to seem close, but Harry notices how Liam's hand keeps brushing up against Zayn's thigh and how Zayn keeps moving closer to him. Harry just fully lies on Louis because everyone knows they're together. Harry doesn't hide it and he thinks Zayn and Liam look stupid right now with their platonic bullshit going on. It's nice to just be open and have someone.

"Can you grab me the blanket?" Harry whispers in Louis' ear and Louis just looks over and grabs Harry's fluffy blanket and drapes it over the boy. Harry smiles at him and leans over to give him a kiss, which makes Louis glow with happiness. Harry's so honoured to be a cause for Louis' smiles and happiness.

"Is your mom going to be mad we're all here?" Louis asks and Harry shakes his head and cuddled more into Louis' warmth.

"No, she'll probably be happy to see everyone over. Stay here tonight too," Harry tells him and Louis sighs dramatically.

"I mean do I have to spend the night with you?" He teases.

"Can you two shut up, we're all trying to watch the movie," Niall says loudly. Harry turns his head to face the blonde and he smiles cheekily at the boy. "Please and thanks?" He adds in and Liam laughs.

"Let them talk. I'm sure we've all seen this before," Zayn quickly defends them and Harry throws in a 'yeah' which makes Louis snort.

"It's just rude to talk," Liam jumps in on Niall's defence and Zayn just raises his brow at the other boy.

"It's rude to raise your voice at the person who let you in their house. Now hush and let him do what he wants," Zayn tells him and Harry smirks as he watches Liam back down to Zayn without question.

The two boys do stop talking after that though and the house falls into a warm blanket of quiet that leaves Harry calm. He likes feeling normal again. He feels like a regular teenager sitting with his boyfriend and some friends. His mind is clear lately and even school is starting to look up.

A knock on his door makes all the boys jump and Harry groans as he stands to his feet. He feels cold as he leaves Louis and his blanket and the person knocks again louder.

"Coming!" Harry shouts and his bare feet slap on the hardwood floor as he leaves the comfort of his living room and makes it to his front hall. He pulls the door open and stands in shock when Chad's mother is the person he comes face to face with.

"Hello, Harry. Can we talk?" She asks. She sounds different than he remembers. Her voice sounds forced, like her tongue can't move to make words properly. Harry just nods as he steps out onto his front porch and shuts his door tightly behind him.

"How are you?" Harry asks politely. He hasn't spoken to her since the barbecue at his house where she told him to leave and stop asking questions. He wonders why she's here now, and the ideas that circle his mind scare him.

"I've been better. I have something for you. We're in the progress of moving and we were cleaning out Chads room when we found some letters. He left you one," she explains. She passes him a white envelope with his name scratched on it in familiar writing. Harry feels a lump form in his stomach as he looks at the way Chad used to loop his 'y's' and he can feel tears getting ready to fall.

"You're moving?" Harry asks. He looks up from the letter and back into her brown eyes. She has the same colour and shape eyes Chad had, but Harry doesn't feel the love like when he looked into Chads.

"We are. It's hard to stay here now and  it's for the best," she tells him softly. Harry thinks of their house and how he knows it like the back of his hand. He thinks about the pool Chad had when they were kids and he thinks about the time he first kissed Chad up in his room. He thinks about the late nights and early mornings and he feels hallow. All those memories will be washed away and someone new will move in to fill them over.