Fourteen.

Sitting up right after a nightmare has to be the biggest relief you'll ever feel. It's a sign that whatever happened inside your head wasn't real and that right now you are awake and you are okay. Harry is covered in sweat, his hands still gripping his sheets and his heart hammering against his chest. He can't seem to catch his breath, but he's awake. He's in his room and the sun is now rising and he is safe.

What he dreams about is unknown though he knows it's about that day. It's all about the sound of the gun and the crying of his classmates. He's not sure if in his dreams he's being shot or if it's just a memory of that day. He really can't remember anything except the bang and then the pure panic that wakes him up.

It's a Thursday and that means after school he meets with his therapist. She's a sweet lady named Beth and after every session she gives Harry a lollipop and wishes him a good week. Harry's not one to hate his therapist like other people. Honestly, he quite likes talking to her.

He finally finds the strength to climb out of his bed and slowly, sleepily find his way across the hall and into the washroom. He strips his clothing and turns on the warm water so it can cascade down his sweaty skin and clean him of his bad night.

He does his morning routine as if on autopilot and when his mother wakes up she kissed his cheek and takes a bite of the toast he made for her. He's always up before everyone so he just makes his mom and dad toast and coffee every morning. Something small for two people that do everything for him.

"You meet with Beth after school," his mom reminds him and Harry nods as he sips at his black coffee. Something he only started drinking recently.

"I know. I think I'll just walk there today. Can you pick me up?" He asks and Anne hums around her coffee mug.

"If not me then Robin will. I might be late at work," she tells him and Harry gives a small nod again before pouring the remains of his coffee in the sink and placing the mug in the dishwasher.

"I'm just brushing my teeth and then I'm off to school. Love you," Harry smiles as he waves his mother. He brushes his teeth quick and then slips on his brown worn boots and leaves for his haunted school. The halls still hold screams and the gym holds the blood and the students hold the pain and Harry's heart holds the love and everything is wrong, wrong, wrong.

"Styles!" He jumps at the sound of his name and turns to see none other than Niall Horan and some random boy jogging up to him. The boy with him is big and has soft eyes that seem to be filled with fake innocence.

"What?" Harry sighs. He's not in the mood for more comments from Niall. The boys always found it fun to make him squirm.

"I wanted to say sorry about last week and also introduce you to my friend Liam."

"The one that got expelled," Harry recalls and the boy chuckles.

"That's me. You must be the town pretty boy," Liam smirks as he checks Harry out. The boys rolls his eyes and turns to keep walking, aware the other two are following.

"Hardly. Leave that to Zayn or Louis," Harry replies and Niall snickers beside him.

"Those are Harry's little boyfriends," he explains and Harry looks at Liam and shakes his head.

"No they're not. Niall is a compulsive liar," Harry shoots back and Niall raises his brows but doesn't deny the statement. The three walk and occasionally Liam asks a question that one of the two answer. It's evident Niall just replies when he can say something to get under Harry's skin.

"So are people here friendly? I'm not going to be shunned am I?" Liam asks as they get closer to the school. Harry shakes his head no, but Niall speaks.