Chapter 12

Author pov

Heejin got ready with the outfit that she bought with Jiyeong and Suho yesterday. She checked on herself on the mirror and smiled. She had never wore something formal like this before. The blouse, and palazzo are expensive, there's no way she could afford that.

This is how it looked like:

"Are going you going to stare at yourself for one day?", Sunoo spoke and chuckled

"Maybe, I looked gorgeous with this outfit", Heejin turns her body around, showing him the outfit.

"Yeah it does look good on you.....", he said making her blush.

"By the way, if you go to work, what am I going to do? Staring out the window or what?", he continued.

"Maybe....?"

"Awh why~ It's boring....", he whined making her chuckle at his cute behaviour.

"So what do you want to do? Do you want to work there too?", Heejin asked.

"No, I hate work....", he shook his head aggressively.

"Then what do you want to do? What makes you feel less bored?"

"By looking at you~", he smiled cheekily and scrunches his nose. She thinks he's cute of all sudden.

"Aigoo, serious please. What do you want to do?", Heejin asked again while crossing her arms. At the same time, she tried to hide her red cheeks.

"I was serious....", he said.

Heejin took a deep breathe and sighed.

"I gave you some money yesterday right? It's enough to go shopping,! At least buy some clothes, I'm tired seeing you wearing that white blouse....", she said while grabbing the comb from the dressing table before combing her hair.

"Fine...", he pouts and buries his face on the pillow. Heejin smiled softly before opening the door.

"I'm leaving. I'll tell grandma that you're still here", she said and was about to go until he spoke.

"Oh your grandma....is she scary?", he asked.

She crossed her arms and grinned.

"Does she look scary to you?"

"A little bit...."

"Nah, she's not that scary....she likes to meet new people just like you....don't worry she will treat you nicely. I'm going now, bye", I gave him a smile before closing the door behind me.

Meanwhile...

"Yes, eomma already gave her the gift, but she doesn't seems to like it....", Mrs. Kang said, while massaging her forehead in frustration.

"Honey, I'm sure she likes it...it's her favourite snack....snickers", Mr. Kang caresses her back, trying to make her feel better.

"I can't wait to see her, I wonder how she looks like now....she must be pretty, like you", Mr. Kang continued.

It had been 4 years....now Mr. Kang and Mrs. Kang are willing to go back to Daegu. They missed their daughter so much.

"Eeomma said she's happy there....and I'm grateful for that....", Mrs. Kang said.

"Really? That was a relief....I hope they used our money well...."

"But honey....."

"Yes jagi?"

"Do you think she will accept us?"

"What do you mean? Of course she can....but I'm not sure if she can accept me as her dad....",

"It's not about that....well, I haven't visited her for 4 years since Jungki and I had a divorce....After I'm married to you, I had decided to fix our mistake....I felt bad for Heejin....", Mrs. Kang hugged him.

"It's okay....she'll be happy to see you....and I hope she accept me as his stepfather....what's her name will be? Kang Heejin?", Mr. Kang caresses her hair and tightens his embrace.

"Beautiful....", Mrs. Kang said and buries her face on his chest.

They thought Heejin lived her happy live there....

But they didn't know....that grandma lied to them.....

grandma told them that she's studying well....but it's a lie...

grandma told them that Heejin enjoyed her life here....but it's lie...

grandma told them that her parents gave them enough money.....but it's lie...

all the salary that Heejin got from working....her grandma didn't even use it for daily needs...she transferred it on her bank account...

the money that her parents gave, grandma only uses it for foods and house bills....it is the only thing that can keep them alive...

Heejin never got what she wanted...

She have no one....

She only have grandma....

Grandma lied because she wants to see if.....her parents really cared about her...

They left both of them for 4 years without any messages, calls and text....

Grandma was very disappointed....

Grandma struggles to take care of Heejin by herself...she's getting more older...

She couldn't handle everything by herself

Heejin don't know that her grandma had struggles alot....

Her parents totally forgot about her....

They thought Heejin need their money....

But they didn't know that....

She only needs....them.

___________

I hope y'all understand 😭 it's quite tricky to explain, but uh don't leave me 😁❤️

Vote please- 🌚❤️