Chapter 26

.......

"Appa...are you sure?", Sunmi asked.

"Yes....let's see how it's going to be and I will wait. I don't know why he really wants to finish granting her wishes, maybe there's something in his heart which he can't only tell by words", King Kim said while playing with the spoon on his mug.

"Appa.....do you mean....Love?", Sunmi frowned. She took a sip on the tea she make.

"Yes, you're so clever. I kinda have a feeling about it, well it's impossible that Sunoo never falls in love with a girl before.......but unfortunately they aren't in the same dimension.....", King Kim and let out a sigh.

"Appa....don't you know?", Sunmi said with a straight face.

"What?"

"Well, our family is popular so of course all the girls in his school are fan girling over him....but...."

"But.....?"

"He never accepts any of them....including the school's queen....", Sunmi went closer to her dad's ears and whispered.

"How can I not know this?"

"You and mom didn't know about this....including Sungri oppa, I knew this because my friend's sister is also the one who got.....rejected....", she lowered down her voice on the last word and bit her lower lip.

"Tell me more about him at school", King Kim face became serious as Sunmi gulped.

"But appa....don't be mad at him", Sunmi played with her fingers.

"Okay...."

"Hmm....well he's friendly with boys but not with girls. He acted cold around girls, he never came near the other girls especially the 'thirsty girls'. Whenever the girls tried to eat lunch with him and his friends, he walks away from them", Sunmi explained.

"Only with girls? Do you know why?"

"Well....maybe because of her ex girlfriend.....maybe like a few years ago...you remember right? You sent her to the other dimension as a punishment forever. The girl got caught dating with her sugar daddy. She said that Sunoo couldn't give everything she wants.....since that day.....he never trust any girls....", Sunmi continued.

"Oh my god....I didn't know he's being through alot....so that's why his attitude changed.....I never ask him if he's okay....I felt bad....", King Kim said and covers his face with his palms.

"It's okay appa...."

"About the girl......do you think she can managed to get his heart?", Sunmi continued as King Kim looked up.

"I'm not sure Sunmi.....we live in the other dimension....and I don't think I want to accept any girl from that dimension...."

"But what if they love each other appa...?"

"I hate to say it but......

......they weren't meant to be together....."

Meanwhile....

"WHAT WHAT WHAT?", Heejin woke up and turns on the lamp. She almost fell down the bed but managed to avoid it.

She squints her eyes and looked at the person besides her. Sunoo is covering his ears and closed his eyes tight while looking down. He breathes heavily making Heejin worried. Suddenly a sound of the thunder forms again making Sunoo flinch except Heejin. She looks at him confused.

"Yah Sunoo, why are you covering your ears?", she rubbed her eyes and yawned. She makes it looks like nothing happened.

"W-why did you asked? C-can't you see?", he looks up while still covering his ears.

"Sunoo....don't tell me that you're afraid of thunders.....", Heejin asked and came closer to him.

He didn't respond.

Female lead afraid of thunder
Male lead afraid of thunder 😁

"Yah, I'm tired, go back to sle—", she didn't get to finish her words when the thunder goes louder than before.

She flinched when Sunoo suddenly pulled her into a tight hug. It looks like he's mumbling something while hugging but she couldn't hear it clearly. She realised that Sunoo is too scared of thunder. So she hugged him back and caresses his soft purple hair.

She looks around the room. Thinking of what she should to make him less scared. She pushed him slowly and cupped his face.

"Sunoo-ah, can we sleep now?", Heejin asked.

"I'm sorry Heejin....I-I'm too scared of thunders....", Sunoo looks down.

"No it's okay, let's sleep now, I'm here", Heejin patted the place besides her and laid down. Sunoo nods and lay down at the empty place.

It was silence until Sunoo spoke.

"Heejin....do you mind coming closer?", Sunoo asked.

"Oh...okay sure", Heejin said and wiggled her body towards him until her shoulder touch his.

"Is this okay?"

"Yes, thank you Heejin.....", Sunoo said as a sound of thunder forms again. But he felt less scared and just shut his eyes close.

Heejin slowly looks at Sunoo and didn't realise that she's staring at him for too long. She smiled and felt lucky to have a friend like him by her side. Sunoo is like the only friend she have. Only Sunoo can make her happy. She then shook her head and look at the ceiling.

Then she slowly drove to sleep....

(Sorry if this chapter's ending is a bit boring 😬)